You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

POWDR7 Current in Denver

Harold Rutila 974112

Harold Rutila 974112
Posted
Posted

Calling all western region controllers and pilots! The POWDR7 arrival is now current into the Denver Tracon. The STAR's Red Table transition contains a new fix, JNETT that is crossed before the BASEE fix.

Jeffery Williams 849847
Posted
Posted

Actually there were a lot of SID/STAR changes all over the country with the latest AIRAC that came out a few weeks ago. I would recommend that anyone who hasn't done an AIRAC or chart update recently take the time to do one. A slew of RNAV departure procedures were added in CVG, a new SID and several changes to the existing SIDS were made in the Houston airspace, several of the ATL arrival crossing restrictions were changed, ORD, MDW, PIT, and TPA's SIDS were all revised.

Thomas Mathieu 998318
Posted
Posted

I am aware of the POWDR7 and flew it last Friday. Is there a web page we can go to that has all the AIRAC updates on one website?

Thanks

Best Regards,

Thomas Mathieu

VATAME1 Region Director

VATSIM Africa Middle East

http://www.vatame.net

[email protected]

TMSIGVATAME.png

Brad Littlejohn
Posted
Posted

On top of that, you may want to have the ATM or dATM of ZDV get hold of the ATMs of adjacent sectors, and work on getting LOAs updated to reflect POWDR7.

BL.

Brad Littlejohn

ZLA Senior Controller

Harold Rutila 974112
Posted
Posted

I don't think we need to, really. The LOAs with ARTCCs that have planes with the POWDR7 arrival say "and the POWDR STAR," not specifically the POWDR6 arrival. As of our last meeting, however, the LOAs are going to be updated shortly.

Ingo Harders
Posted
Posted

Harold,

Thank you for the heads-up. Much appreciated. I was surprised by the changes last week when I filed the Kepec 1 and was told it's now Kepec 2! (that had me stumped for a moment as I did not know if I was even dressed correctly for a Kepec "2")...

Anyhow it brings up some questions:

a) how often do these things change? (and I don't mean a new monthly release that is identical to the previous chart)

b) why is there no service that one can subscribe to and have the updates sent automatically as they happen? Kinda like: please send me updates for KDEN, KSFO, KPSP etc

Also please be advised that when I put the comment "charts" into my flightplan it does not mean the most recent charts

Regards

N405HT

Harold Rutila 974112
Posted
Posted

Hi Ingo,

Denver has had the POWDR6 for I think about 11 months now. It could be longer, but I don't remember. The charts update according to the AIRAC cycle, but sometimes they don't change. The FAA releases new charts, regardless of whether or not they have been updated or fixed, on a given date. On MyAirplane.com (government) charts, the date at which they are enacted and expire are listed on the left margin of the chart. I'm almost certain that there is a service that you can subscribe to, but it's through Jeppessen and might be a little too expensive. MyAirplane.com's NACO Approach Plate webpage lists the current AIRAC cycle in bold, white letters above the airport identifier entry. http://www.myairplane.com/databases/approach/index.php?mode=d

Ingo Harders
Posted
Posted

Hello Harold,

Thank you for your reply. I use the same source as you for my charts. I have charts from about 5 dozen airports. And yes they do state on each chart the dates from when to when they are valid. The loop4 that I have for example is valid until jul 3, 2008. Trust me I do not have a reminder in my calender to dwnld the new chart on jul 4. This version looks to me exactly like the one prior to this one and to that one and so on.

When I decide to fly I check where there is ATC available, then load my saved flightplans, saved charts etc for the specific flite. If they are out of date.. dang... I will have current one's the next time I fly..

But like I said, it would be nice to have a service to alert us (me), that the "loop4" has changed from the previous version and I could then dwnld the changed files only.

Regards

N405HT

Harold Rutila 974112
Posted
Posted

Yes I agree on that. I wonder if there is...

Brad Littlejohn
Posted
Posted

I know there is a list that comes out with each AIRAC cycle that shows what is going to change, but I am not sure where it is located at, or if someone has to have a subscription to the charts in order to get them.

Strike that. Here's a way to get it.

http://naco.faa.gov/index.asp?xml=naco/online/d_tpp

select the AIRAC cycle in question. Then set your critera for what you're looking for (by state, by ICAO or FAA code, by volume, etc).

Then filter by "Changed Since Last Cycle".

What I don't know is if NACO puts up the charts going into the next cycle before that cycle starts. If so, that would be exactly what you're looking for.

BL.

Brad Littlejohn

ZLA Senior Controller

David Baker 1004102
Posted
Posted

Nice on Brad! To bad you can't filter by ZAU, ZLA etc.

ZMP_BD

MITRE OP1 survivor

Peter Grey 951315
Posted
Posted
What I don't know is if NACO puts up the charts going into the next cycle before that cycle starts. If so, that would be exactly what you're looking for.

Yes they do within a couple weeks.

ZLA_PG - Instructor - ZLA

N31ER