You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

NO MORE FLYCOL!

Pedro Pérez 905371

Pedro Pérez 905371
Posted
Posted

I came here to write about the inconformity of this administration on VATSIM-COLOMBIA. I dont know how can this be, but after COLATC administration, the country has bad control and bad pilot flows. But, the say all the time about something like "statics" and i dont have idea where this statics come from, becasue, VATSUR web page says that COLOMBIA has the wonderful control on net, but i dont see controllers to win that price... Many people are complaining about this, WE DONT LIKE FLYCOL. If you need proff about this, just join to: www.flycol.org, and tell me if u find information about how to fly on COlombia if you are a beginner. You will not find about colombian regulations and colombian phraseology, and nothing. YOU WILL NOT FIND ANYTHING about this topics. The only thing you will find is "WELCOME" and go out. We dont like that anymore, we need a new STAFF on VATSIM-COLOMBIA. We need new people.People taht really love VATSIM-COLOMBIA, like COLATC did. We would like to call for new voting and choose a better one STAFF for all us on Colombia.

This is for BOG (Board of Governors). COLATC was and still being the most wonderful adm ever in VATSIM-Colombia. Why was it taken out? Becasuse the friendship between some members made it possible. Im not gonna say names, is not my purpose. But i like to share this with u, becasue im really tired of this BAD BAD administration and joke called "FLYCOL. And its not FLYCOL anymore, its FLYCALI and FLYMEDELLIN. The only one places that have control. And the controller skills are too poor, they dont know about real regulations, real phraseology and bad control area.

You can BOG, start up ur own investigation, ask to members about FLYCOL, go to the page and check it by yourself, and make ur own conclusion. We are really TIRED, NO MORE FLYCOL.

I wrote this in english, because i want you BOG to see this, and start investigation.

PD. GENTE DE HABLA HISPANA, PARTICIPE EN EL FORO ESCRIBIENDO ÚNICAMENTE EN INGLÉS, O POR LO MENOS SI ESCRIBEN EN ESPAÑOL, HÃ

Ricardo Jaramillo 917176
Posted
Posted

I agree with mister Perez. Since FLYCOL took the administration of VATSIM-COLOMBIA, the new pilots have not improved their navigation, phraseology, regulations and other important parts of virtual online flying, simply because FLYCOL does not help new pilots to do this improvement. There is no material. No information. The worst part of it, is that the new controllers also are very poorly skilled to attend traffic on the area. In the past, controllers not only were excellent, but they pushed and helped the beginners to adquire more skills y virtual flying. This is over with the new administration. My pledge to the BoG is to look very closely this dramatic situation, and to help us solve this problem, and return to the excellent FIR/ACC we had in the past, where the regulations were very updated, very clear, and embraced almost every topic important in the virtual aeronautic enviroment.

I sincerely think that if COLATC was put apart in the administration, it was only to improve the administration. It has been the opposite. I guess, and I hope I'm not wrong, that the new administration of FLYCOL made the commitment of really improving the division. If that was the case, BoG should look closer and evaluate the result held by this new division, and compare them to the past division. You will be overwhelmed to see that there is by far NO improvement in any ways of FLYCOL towards COLATC.

FLYCOL has only talked about result in traffic quantity. I really haven't seen a growth in traffic quantity. But the important subject here is skills from pilots, form ATCs, and most importantly, information resources from the division to pilots and to ATCs.

Finally, there have been posted many forums in many pages, with important groups of people rejecting the operation of FLYCOL. That is more than a proof of low quality. This should change BoG, but can only change if you help us.

Ricardo Jaramillo Rivera

PID: 917176

Andres Hernandez Guerra 93
Posted
Posted

Well Pedro im gonna be as respectful as i can and i even talked with u 'bout this few months ago.

Yes man, u r right there hasnt been a huge improvment thats something u dont even gotta say here, but i try to do my best. You know what, its not hard to understand that what i learnt from the past administration called COLATC is what i teach to student plus what ive learnt by my own in real life.

Firstable, Im agree, there is a lot to improve and i im not the happiest man with this situation.

2nd there are a lot of new people on vatsim network, in Colombia happens something that u can see by ur selves, the most of new people just want to fly aircraft against whatever and stuff, wich at least to me is the boring thing ever to controll over, or what do u want me? To send .wallop's for ten pilots at the same time??.... Man.

3rd Dude there is one thing that just got me really upset, u said "the new controllers are also very poorly skilled to attend traffic in the area"..Man you are right, there are a lot of those ones, but u cant say that about all of them i mean there are a lot of good ones, and always even into COLATC administration there were bad ones, who were called " the ones who are getting better".

All i want you Pedro and all to know with this is that i know whats going on, fortunely im not blind neither you all are, and all the FLYCOL situation is not up to me, i hope to solve something Pedro, but i do what i can from the instruction staff so please dont talk about "all" because here are good atc's too, new ones and old ones.

Finally lets make something clear, im not taking FLYCOL out of this but its just that im talking by my self and what i think bout the things u ppl say, PLEASE SAINT LORD!! be careful you all when u r talking about things as serious as thisone, at least i feel sad about it.

This is the first time i talk, dont want to cause any trouble but i just couldnt take that anymore, there is good people as well. javascript:emoticon(':D')

Pedro Pérez 905371
Posted
Posted

You are right Andrés. And i can see, that, many controllers are desillusioned with this administration, i can see even INSTRUCTORs that came from the past administration. Now, where are the many controllers that were controlling during COLATC ADM, well... I know, but we dont like FLYCOL, thats why we dont make control. Many people QUIT from FLYCOL, becasue the ADMINISTRATION is bad, very bad. The fir Chief is not doing anything to get better the FIR... I even see that some controllers that usually control over Colombia, are leaving the country and beginning new controller carrers in other countries... Thats a proof that really make u think about the ADMINISTRATION called FLYCOL. We dont want FLYCOL. We want something better, we deserve something better.

Sebastian Gomez 857556
Posted
Posted

Let's realize about something, COLATC is not coming back. When I was a former member of COLATC Controllers, and before some of us decided to quit to our controller ratings; I had the opportunity to see Alberto Salamanca, former supervisor and south america region director, trying to make this BoG guys realize about certain things that were not done as they should have be done. They didn't even reply to Alberto's complains, therefore he and many of us decided to quit. So my advice to you Pedro, is to leave this FLYCOL people do what ever they can, let's forget about the past and give them a chance; because I guarantee you that they (the BoG) won't even pay attention to this forum topic. It is better to help them, rather than complaining about something that will not change.

Pedro Pérez 905371
Posted
Posted

Thanks Sebastián. im sure that COLATC is not coming back, but we can make thie better. FLYCOL is not doing anything. We can ask a better performance or even a new one Chief. The webpage is ugly... NO NO NO... we deserve something better.

Richard Jenkins
Posted
Posted
They didn't even reply to Alberto's complains, therefore he and many of us decided to quit. So my advice to you Pedro, is to leave this FLYCOL people do what ever they can, let's forget about the past and give them a chance; because I guarantee you that they (the BoG) won't even pay attention to this forum topic.

You are incorrect.

RJ

Pedro Pérez 905371
Posted
Posted
They didn't even reply to Alberto's complains, therefore he and many of us decided to quit. So my advice to you Pedro, is to leave this FLYCOL people do what ever they can, let's forget about the past and give them a chance; because I guarantee you that they (the BoG) won't even pay attention to this forum topic.

You are incorrect.

Thanks for reading Richard. We invite you to see: www.flycol.org, and check by yourself that this new ADM of COLOMBIA is worst... bad controller skills, no page to find information about regulation on Colombia... There is nothing. The same control in same places, Cali and Medellin... Help us to get a new ADM in Colombia. We deserve something better Richard. We dont ask COLATC back, but we want a new CHIEF on Colombia. Thanks Richard.

Sergio Cousens 936764
Posted
Posted

Colombian Members:

Please, let's try to work altogether in this issue.

We all want to have good ATC Services, lots of pilots, the best webpage and everything we can imagine.

The ONLY way to achieve it is working as a team.

I would like every Colombian member to help in this task. The only way to do it is with new ideas. If we can offer one solution for each problem, we will have things solved very soon. So first of all lets do a list of all existing problems, and after that we will be able to think about solutions.

I will be available 100% for this issue.

I invite you all to write directly to my email address at [email protected] listing what you believe is a problem (please be very clear). And together we will try to solve it. I will be working with you and Colombian Staff to get things done, the best way possible.

Thank you very much.

Sergio Cousens

VATSUR1

Director División Sur América

[email protected]