You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Feature request: Anchored vector-lines

Aodhan Mac An Tseaca 98041

Posted
Posted

Hello,

I've been using Euroscope for about six months now and find it great.

One feature I'd like to see implemented is the ability to anchor a vector line. It is possible on the radar system of my local airport.

Basically, it is possible to put the first point of the vector line over an aircraft and it locks onto that aircraft. It is then possible to either move the other end of that vector line around as you normally would, or it can also be anchored onto any point of the radar screen. In this way you get a continuous heading readout to your selected point as the aircraft moves along.

It is also possible to have multiple vector lines on the screen at once.

Both these features I find very helpful and useful, and it would be nice to have the ability in Euroscope.

TIA,

Aidan Frost

Ireland

Andre Silva 881829
Posted
Posted

Hello Aidan,

You actually have! It is called the distance tool. You can access that either by pressing on the icon in the menu bar, the one with a triangle or by just typing F1+d in the command line. Then click in the callsing on the tag followed by any point over the sector. You will then have your anchor line drawn.

Check the following link for further info: http://euroscope.hu/wiki/index.php?page=Distance_Separation_Tools

Hope to be helpfull...

Cheers

Andre Santos Silva

Santa Maria ZOP Director

Portugal vACC - VATEUD - VATSIM

4489.png

Posted
Posted

Thanks, that's a handy feature.

If you use F1+d2 it gives the item I was looking for.

Thanks again.