You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vacc Angola & Ghana

Robin van den Honert 10373

Robin van den Honert 10373
Posted
Posted

These are up and running. For more information go to www.vatcaf.com

Ahmed Hasan 958620
Posted
Posted

First Of all i would like to congratulate you on this achivment

Second I would like to ask a question which is always popping up in my head !!!

Why all new African vACCs go deep inside Africa

Guys we have a lot of North African countries that are inactive vACCs like Libya for example or Sudan

let's think about it if a european pilot is planning his flight to Africa coming from Europe his nearest destionation will be 4-5 hrs and we know that it's harder to fly longer distances

so why don't we first staff the costal and nearby vACCs before looking into the center and the south

I am really astonished when we go make a fake (not real world) position like the African FSS and leave the real FIRs that if we staffed can be of better perofrmance on the region

Hope someone heared my call and got my idea and once More Congrats..........

Just My Opinion...

Ahmed H[Mod - Happy Thoughts]an

vpa240.png

Tony Kovacs 958372
Posted
Posted

First of all, the development of VATSIM North Africa is not our responsiblity. Our resonsilbity at VATCAF is the development of Central Africa. Secondly it is my opinion that if you think that there should be a more vACCs in North Africa along the shore that you take the initiative of helping to make it happen as you are part of North Africa.

Tony Kovacs

MOVCON - Movement Control Instructor

http://www.vatcaf.org

"Who Cares Who's the Best!"

Until heaven is open 24/7 just waiting for you to screw up this is all just a game.

Thomas Mathieu 998318
Posted
Posted
I am really astonished when we go make a fake (not real world) position like the African FSS and leave the real FIRs that if we staffed can be of better perofrmance on the region

I have forwarded your concerns to VATAME in regards to African FSS.

I appreciate your comments and feedback

Best Regards,

Tom

Best Regards,

Thomas Mathieu

VATAME1 Region Director

VATSIM Africa Middle East

http://www.vatame.net

[email protected]

TMSIGVATAME.png

Thomas Mathieu 998318
Posted
Posted

The answer to this question would take me almost two years to answer

Best Regards,

Thomas Mathieu

VATAME1 Region Director

[email protected]

TMSIGVATAME.png

Ilan Jonas 860311
Posted
Posted

There is no contradiction whatsoever Ahmed - While we would like to see North Africa grow, we would also like to see Central Africa grow. The is no higher priority in neither of the divisions. The real answer is to develop NAF AND CAF altogether - this will make VATAME covered ATC-wise and will draw more pilots to the area.

Ilan Jonas

Senior Instructor-I3

Former Vatsim Africa/Middle East Region Director(2004-2012)

Ahmed Hasan 958620
Posted
Posted
First of all, the development of VATSIM North Africa is not our responsiblity. Our resonsilbity at VATCAF is the development of Central Africa. Secondly it is my opinion that if you think that there should be a more vACCs in North Africa along the shore that you take the initiative of helping to make it happen as you are part of North Africa.

Dear Tony,Yes it's not your responsibilty as you are a member of Central Africa,But without North Africa who would fly a 12 hrs flight to the heart of Africa with no ATC Coverage the whole way after p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ing Athens or Italy or whatever country in Europe that have Airspace borders with African contries

I am already concentrating on the development of VATEG - VATSIM Egyptian vACC and already helping other members from other countries like Saudi Controllers to start controlling in Jeddah FIR to link between Egypt and Asia,Middle East..But it won't be one's effort it should be a team or a group of people

Also I would better concentrate on 1 vACC and study it's real world procedures (VATEG) Than operating on a donzen of vACCs or countries also that will help give a chance for others to work them out

Regards

vpa240.png

Ahmed Hasan 958620
Posted
Posted

I have forwarded your concerns to VATAME in regards to African FSS.

I appreciate your comments and feedback

Best Regards,

Tom

Thanks,By The way the number of times I Saw the FSS online can be counted on one hand and In Real World Currently they are studying starting a new Facility that will be Called Arab Control this station will cover Middle East Countries including Egypt as it follow ME RVSM

Regards

vpa240.png

Ahmed Hasan 958620
Posted
Posted
There is no contradiction whatsoever Ahmed - While we would like to see North Africa grow, we would also like to see Central Africa grow. The is no higher priority in neither of the divisions. The real answer is to develop NAF AND CAF altogether - this will make VATAME covered ATC-wise and will draw more pilots to the area.

Thanks for your kind reply Mr.Illian

IMHO the Higher priority is for staffing the neighbouring countries to the European airsapce as they are the gateway for whole Africa

However I wish all vACC Directors and Divisions All the susccess

Thank You All For Participating

vpa240.png

Richard Jenkins
Posted
Posted (edited)

Just something for thought.....

I am a firm believer in the domino effect on VATSIM. I have seen it happen over and over on VATSIM and SATCO over the years. Africa is in a unique situation because the most active ATC areas are on the opposite ends of the continent. Egypt, Israel on the North end and South Africa down below. Members have done a good job of building some facilities in the middle of Africa. I see this as a bridge to start expanding in both directions.

Soon Kenya will be open and that will complete the bridge across. Then we move north and south. The key with ATC development is ensuring that pilots have option for medium range flights. Usually between 500 and 1000 miles or 1 - 2 hours in duration.

I would love to see North Africa continue to build across to the Atlantic and prosper from a domino effect with Southern Europe. Espana, Italy, Malta, and France would all be a potential traffic magnets.

Edited by Guest

RJ

Tony Kovacs 958372
Posted
Posted

I am going to make a note for my next report that the current members of Central Africa have not yet built a brigde between the North and the South of Africa and that pilots can still not make medium range flights with ATC in from North and South Africa to Central Africa.

Tony Kovacs

Until heaven is open 24/7 just waiting for you to screw up this is all just a game.

Richard Jenkins
Posted
Posted
I am going to make a note for my next report that the current members of Central Africa have not yet built a brigde between the North and the South of Africa and that pilots can still not make medium range flights with ATC in from North and South Africa to Central Africa.

Now, Tony, that isn't what I said.

RJ

Ilan Jonas 860311
Posted
Posted

Yes, read it again Tony - Richard said the opposite of what you're thinking.

Also, have in mind that developing N. Africa will affect C. Africa as well - we are all in the same boat, and as I said - no priorities, just trying to achieve the best.

And to make thing Uber-clear: The work you guys put in CAF, NAF, ME, SAF and IL (all with the respective vACCs within) is highly appreciated and not taken for granted for a single moment!

Cheers,

Ilan

Ilan Jonas

Senior Instructor-I3

Former Vatsim Africa/Middle East Region Director(2004-2012)

Daniel Doorgakant
Posted
Posted
In Real World Currently they are studying starting a new Facility that will be Called Arab Control this station will cover Middle East Countries including Egypt as it follow ME RVSM

This could be a possible replacement/reformat of GULF_FSS. Ahmed, can you possibly research this facility abit more and we can work some LOAs between the Middle-East and Egypt vACC.

vatme-sig.jpg

Ahmed Hasan 958620
Posted
Posted
In Real World Currently they are studying starting a new Facility that will be Called Arab Control this station will cover Middle East Countries including Egypt as it follow ME RVSM

This could be a possible replacement/reformat of GULF_FSS. Ahmed, can you possibly research this facility abit more and we can work some LOAs between the Middle-East and Egypt vACC.

I Guess so too as the GULF_FSS is no longer in business

I will try to ask some friends about it and search for more information

however take in account that this is going to be a future project in real which is still undergoing some studies

Regards

vpa240.png

Tony Kovacs 958372
Posted
Posted

My appologies, I took that out of context. It just sounded like what you said Richard is that the North and South will only be connected once the Hit Squad does Kenya, like as if we were not already here. I though you forgot that we had already started working on that Richard. But if not then that's cool.

Tony Kovacs

Mahmoud Fadli 819693
Posted
Posted

With regards to development, it seems to me that North Africa is the region that can use a little bit of a nudge in the right direction.

VATCAF and VATME seem to be progressing nicely, with VATME actually meeting face to face in real life with members this Thursday, along with other Jordanian ATC and Pilots who can help spread the word about VATSIM, VATME and all of the wonderful achievements this network has been able to make (hence why I've been a bit quiet lately... been a bit, how shall you say, busy! ).

I will speak with Bernard to see if I can get some sort of tangible update on VATNAF and its progress. But keep up the good work everyone, your continued effort is slowly starting to pay off.

MFSIGVATAME.png

Mahmoud A. Fadli - 819693

Deputy Region Director

VATSIM Africa & Middle East Region

http://www.vatame.org

"Strength in Diversity"

Mahmoud Fadli 819693
Posted
Posted
First Of all i would like to congratulate you on this achivment

Second I would like to ask a question which is always popping up in my head !!!

Guys we have a lot of North African countries that are inactive vACCs like Libya for example or Sudan

let's think about it if a european pilot is planning his flight to Africa coming from Europe his nearest destionation will be 4-5 hrs and we know that it's harder to fly longer distances

so why don't we first staff the costal and nearby vACCs before looking into the center and the south

Hope someone heared my call and got my idea and once More Congrats..........

Just My Opinion...

You bring up a very good point Ahmed. Having ATC available in North Africa will greatly increase the likelihood that traffic will flow from Europe to the South.

Naturally, the reason that all the new vACCs are deep within Africa is because they are within VATSIM Central Africa's Jurisdiction. They're responsibility is to ensure continued development in the vACCs that fall under their area of responsibility.

I'll try and get an update as to what's going on with VATNAF. I haven't heard any news with regards to development for a while though, to be honest. I've received, however, quite a few private messages with people offering to help.

I'll keep you updated and thanks for the comment!

MFSIGVATAME.png

Mahmoud A. Fadli - 819693

Deputy Region Director

VATSIM Africa & Middle East Region

http://www.vatame.org

"Strength in Diversity"

• 1 month later...
John Koranteng
Posted
Posted

We held a first ever fly in between these two vaccs....in what was billed as a "truly pan african odyssey.." or so to speak, but I guess that didnt quite happen. It was nice to see or or two pilots actually fly all the way "..auf der mitte europas.." to Accra despite the short notice. We actually had one pilot attempt the journey from Luanda to Accra in a twin prop of some sort at 10, 000ft. Too bad he began the voyage from FNLU towards the scheduled end of the event...

To the many of you who took the time as pilots and the many more who took your time and effrot as controllers (and behind the scene works..) to make this happen...thank you very much. Fabio, Marco, Alex, Robin, Thomas....Tony. All I say is things can only get better.

Safe Landings to all...

John K
VATSIM Membership Department - Data Auditing
[email protected]

vatsim_250.png.cb6bb5fa2b0b19b9301c46c1dea85658.png

Thomas Mathieu 998318
Posted
Posted
We held a first ever fly in between these two vaccs....in what was billed as a "truly pan african odyssey.." or so to speak, but I guess that didnt quite happen. It was nice to see or or two pilots actually fly all the way "..auf der mitte europas.." to Accra despite the short notice. We actually had one pilot attempt the journey from Luanda to Accra in a twin prop of some sort at 10, 000ft. Too bad he began the voyage from FNLU towards the scheduled end of the event...

To the many of you who took the time as pilots and the many more who took your time and effrot as controllers (and behind the scene works..) to make this happen...thank you very much. Fabio, Marco, Alex, Robin, Thomas....Tony. All I say is things can only get better.

Safe Landings to all...

Certainly more promotion efforts and longer notice to give pilots time to prepare for the event will be helpful in the future. Perhaps a weekend day would bring in more traffic as well. I missed the event by 2 hours due to my work.

I look forward to the next event!

Best Regards,

Thomas Mathieu

VATAME1 Region Director

[email protected]

TMSIGVATAME.png

Aggrey Ellis 964561
Posted
Posted

Unfortunately I missed the event as well. Im away from home. I hope it went well and Ill be back soon.

ZLA I11

VATCAF S1

et_1.png