You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

AA settings

Connor Monson 975082

Connor Monson 975082
Posted
Posted

Here is one for all of you computer smart people...

I have my AA set to "App. controlled" and it is checked inside FS9. However, I still get pictures that have jagged edges. I have an nVidia 96000GT. Any ideas?

Thanks, Connor

Sven Groot 1044304
Posted
Posted

Since I use neither nVidia nor FS9 I can't be sure, but I remember reading that FS9, nVidia and FSAA are things that don't always work well together.

Creator of VATSIM Monitor, a sidebar gadget for Windows Vista.

7996.png

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted
I have my AA set to "App. controlled" and it is checked inside FS9. However, I still get pictures that have jagged edges. I have an nVidia 96000GT. Any ideas?

Get nHancer, and override the settings. Make sure in the nHancer profile to you uncheck "enhance in-game AA settings".

Cheers!

Luke

... I spawn hundreds of children a day. They are daemons because they are easier to kill. The first four remain stubbornly alive despite my (and their) best efforts.

... Normal in my household makes you a member of a visible minority.

James Harvey 959593
Posted
Posted

Luke is absolutely right, here is the image from my nHancer...works great:

nhancersettings.jpg

To be able to untick the "enhance only" box, go to "Options > Allow override of predefined settings", and select it

Connor Monson 975082
Posted
Posted

Yep- that did it! I got it and cranked up all of the settings for AA and filtering, and it looks great! the only area I get jaggies still is on the 2D panel- where it slopes off to the left and the window beam on the right. EVERYTHING else is great.

Thanks,

Connor

Anthony Atkielski 985811
Posted
Posted

I get AA when not running SquawkBox, but starting SquawkBox shuts off the AA. This is better than it used to be, when starting SB would turn part of the screen black. Apparently some recent update of Windows (not sure which one) changed something, and now (on my 6800 GS) AA works when I'm offline in MSFS, but automatically turns off when I'm online.

8564.png

Dave Paige 925700
Posted
Posted

Anthony;

If you run SB from outside of FS, ie. not from the "modules" menu, then the SB window will not be "on top of" FS and you won't have that problem. The only down side is you'll have to flip to the SB window yourself when ever you need it.

BTW, However you do it I recommend you use your video card driver settings to enable FSAA and not use the "in game" AA at all.

Dave Paige

PPL, ASEL, Instrument

925700.png

Anthony Atkielski 985811
Posted
Posted

I've considered running SB outside FS, but using it is already awkward enough as it is. I keep the window down in a corner with a tiny size, and I tuck the transponder window almost entirely out of sight.

8564.png

Scott Johnston 890281
Posted
Posted
Yep- that did it! I got it and cranked up all of the settings for AA and filtering, and it looks great! the only area I get jaggies still is on the 2D panel- where it slopes off to the left and the window beam on the right. EVERYTHING else is great.

Thanks,

Connor

That has nothing to do with AA, most 2D panel bitmaps have some jagged edges.

James Harvey 959593
Posted
Posted

Anthony, I had this issue, the only way I fixed it was a reinstall of XP

Connor Monson 975082
Posted
Posted

Thanks,

Connor

That has nothing to do with AA, most 2D panel bitmaps have some jagged edges.

Ok, good. That makes me feel better- thanks!

• 3 months later...
marcus holmes
Posted
Posted

Sorry to bring this back from the dead, but can some one tell me how the AA issue was solved on the 9600GT card, Someone put a pic of there nhancer setup but its nolonger there, would be greatful if someone could repost it.

cheers

marcus holmes
Posted
Posted

Its o.k guys, got it working after alot of playing around with setting, i was getting worried i would miss out on my flight tomorrow lol.