You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

SID/STAR - Logic and doubt

Wills Damasio 810202

Wills Damasio 810202
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I have three question this time...

1. When and how Euroscope select a SID/STAR automatically?

2. Sometimes an aircraft have no SID automatically selected and when I select the field is kept in blank but SID appears in the route of FP, why?

3. What should be the correct format of a FP in order to have SID automatically selected?

Regards,

Wills

Wills Damasio

EUROSCOPE TROPA DE ELITE

http://www.euroscope-tropadeelite.com.br

"E agora o bicho vai pegar!

Tropa de Elite

Osso duro de roer

Pega um pega geral

Também vai Controlar você..."

(Original de Tihuana)

David Saunders 818672
Posted
Posted

Wills,

As far as i can see the 1st point in his flightplan must be the sid designator

ie for a DVR8M SID from EGKK the fp must be as follows, but the runyways must also be selected for the active airport,

****DVR**** UL9 KONAN UL607 SPI UT180 DITEL T180 OSMAX

DVR UL9 KONAN UL607 SPI UT180 DITEL T180 OSMAX

this should then automatically select the SID

non-discript self importance signature

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

1. ES first choses the SIDs based on the runway, then based on the first/last waypoint of the flightplan/SID, and if there is more than one SID applicable, ES uses the first one in the ESE.

2. Don't know, sorry.

3. The first waypoint in the flightplan must be the last waypoint of the SID. You also need to have selected the active airport(s) and runway(s) in your settings.

Stephan Boerner

VATEUD - ATC Training Director

EuroScope Board of Designers | GVCCS Beta Tester

edff,euroscope,ger1oic,lhaoic.jpg

EuroScope Quick Start Guide

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Wills,

I have received similar message as your second point, but so far I was unable to reproduce. If you find it again, it would be nice to make a LOG and send it to me along with the SCT/ESE files you are using. Pleas also pointout what time and AC you found.

point 3: As Stephan said if the route part starts with a SID end point and the RWY is selected as active then that SID will be allocated automatically. You also have the option to simply write the SID name to the beginning of the FP. It should work too. Or use the format that EuroScope adds to the route when you manually [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign the RWY or SID/STAR. It uses the / or / format. Eg.: LHBP/BADOV3D or LHBP/31L. The same for STARs but as the last piece in the route.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

• 3 weeks later...
Wills Damasio 810202
Posted
Posted

Thanks for your reply. I will ask to some other people to log wa session when the situation happens.

Wills

Wills Damasio

EUROSCOPE TROPA DE ELITE

http://www.euroscope-tropadeelite.com.br

"E agora o bicho vai pegar!

Tropa de Elite

Osso duro de roer

Pega um pega geral

Também vai Controlar você..."

(Original de Tihuana)

Ross Bristo 1010003
Posted
Posted
Hi,

2. Sometimes an aircraft have no SID automatically selected and when I select the field is kept in blank but SID appears in the route of FP, why?

3. What should be the correct format of a FP in order to have SID automatically selected?

Wills

Ive heard this problem,

e.g: NGY N615 DCS,

ES would pick up the way point and the runway in use and [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign the SID however i have heard that if the pilot files it as

NGY..N615...DCS

Or has some kind of dot * / ; in it it wont pick it up

Hope that helps .

Ross

atc1o.png

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Ross,

It might be possible. ES thinks SPACE and DOT as separator in the FP. We also found a bug that sometime an airway name was used as the runway designator. This is already fixed in the actual beta.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer