You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

I need help, desperately.

Gray Taylor 1041931

Gray Taylor 1041931
Posted
Posted

It's really been a hit or miss with VRC lately, pilots can hear me, but I can't hear them. Plain and simple. What should I do?

CAF838_CF_124_A_4720_9_FCC_AF62_EFF8_ED4_E.png

David Baker 1004102
Posted
Posted

Make sure that you have the HDST or SPKR box checked in the comms panel and that you have a sound device [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ociated with that in the options.

ZMP_BD

MITRE OP1 survivor

Wade Williams 877539
Posted
Posted

It's probably the same UDP timeout problem I had.

When you transmit, your router opens a UDP port for the voice. Depending on your router or host configuration, that port may eventually timeout. When it does, you'll hear nothing until you transmit again and it opens a new port.

In my case, I was using VMWare Fusion to run Windows and had to disable the UDP timeout in VMWare.

The best way to test if this is your problem is to get onto a busy center freq like LAX during prime-time. Time how long it takes for the voice to stop. Then press your transmit key - you don't have to say anything, just key up. The voice should start again. Time how long again until it stops. If the time is pretty consistent, that's definitely the problem.

Wade