You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VATUSA Controller Training Page

Harold Rutila 974112

Harold Rutila 974112
Posted
Posted

Hi VATUSA,

I am having an increasing number of student controllers that are getting very confused with the information presented on our own website. To be honest, I think there is way too much incorrect information being presented to future VATSIM members that want to control in VATUSA. I understand there has been a TON of change recently throughout VATUSA and VATSIM, so I am writing this thread in the hopes that we can get all information standardized and up-to-date.

Area of concern:

The whole Controller Training website.

- Director's Welcome (change the VATUSA3 name?)

- Training Projects

- Controller Tips

- A major overhaul of the rating information is needed.

-Thanks for listening. I would be willing to help with this if it is needed.

Lakhbir Singh 936840
Posted
Posted
Hi VATUSA,

I am having an increasing number of student controllers that are getting very confused with the information presented on our own website. To be honest, I think there is way too much incorrect information being presented to future VATSIM members that want to control in VATUSA. I understand there has been a TON of change recently throughout VATUSA and VATSIM, so I am writing this thread in the hopes that we can get all information standardized and up-to-date.

Area of concern:

The whole Controller Training website.

- Director's Welcome (change the VATUSA3 name?)

- Training Projects

- Controller Tips

- A major overhaul of the rating information is needed.

-Thanks for listening. I would be willing to help with this if it is needed.

Harlod,

when you meant an increasing number of student controllers that are getting very confused with the information presented on our own website, did you also mean about the atc test?because if you did,i think we need to change the way the test is set out so that other future atc "wannabees" as i call it, can understand the test a bit more.i am currently not undergoing atc training as yet as i have failed a lot of the tests and also i am on study leave in australia till mid oct,nov.so when i get back to singapore then i will probably start my atc training then

any queires? please do not hesitate to post here or pm me.

cheers mate

Lak

SWA1501

Lak Singh

Remember: When in doubt, ask!

Harold Rutila 974112
Posted
Posted

No, I'm not talking about the tests. In fact, I completely agree with the entire concept of ATC tests. The questions presented in them are valid and correct. They have been re-designed to reflect changes in the Global Ratings Policy. Nothing is wrong with the tests -- just the informational website regarding VATUSA controller training system.

Harold Rutila 974112
Posted
Posted

Does anyone want to take a dive into this otherwise cold pool of water ?

Lakhbir Singh 936840
Posted
Posted

ME!!

SWA1501

Lak Singh

Remember: When in doubt, ask!

Stephen Sculley-Beaman
Posted
Posted

Uh-oh! You have the VATUSA guys hiding already Harold

Harold Rutila 974112
Posted
Posted

lol

I'll give them some time...