You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Feature: Mic. to Speakers quick switchover

Kyprianos Biris

Kyprianos Biris
Posted
Posted

Is it possible to have a way to quickly switch over A/G & G/G voice comm's (incl. ES sounds) from the microphone to the speakers excluding the microphone input source ?

It's a.k.a. the "toilet" button but it's useful also when we may need to remove headset for a while (i.e. receive a phone call at home) and still be able to hear the voice & sounds of ES on speakers (secondary sound device).

spacer.png

Hellenic vACC | Olympic Air Virtual

Europe Region Director 2001-2011

Pilot: P5 | ATC: C3

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

Not the way it's possible in VRC, no. The voice system in ES works different, you don't have headset/speaker which you can [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign to a feature, but you have a primary and secondary voice channel which have nothing to do which each other, not a primary/secondary device like in VRC. Primary is always your primary frequency, everything else (monitored frequencies, ATIS monitoring, G/G) is on secondary voice.

I don't know if it's technically possible to add primary/secondary devices which would then be switchable for the primary/secondary channel. This topic came up months ago, and it wasn't implemented nor was it registered as a request, so probably it's not possible.

Stephan Boerner

VATEUD - ATC Training Director

EuroScope Board of Designers | GVCCS Beta Tester

edff,euroscope,ger1oic,lhaoic.jpg

EuroScope Quick Start Guide

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Hi,

The easiest thing I am able to do is a toggle button to connect your primary output to the secondary output too. That works only in case if the secondary output is your speaker while the primary is the headset. Unfortunately it does not work for the ES sounds. That sounds goes directly to the primary sound device (that can be set up in Windows only). It does not use the same library that is used for the voice communication.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Mark Richards
Posted
Posted

Kyp and I must be thinking alike because this is a feature that I was going to request today as well. I often logon while I am doing some VATNZ web work on my laptop and in low traffic times it would be nice to take my headset off while I do.

Mark Richards (811451)

Auckland, New Zealand

Kyprianos Biris
Posted
Posted

Thank you Gergely, all understood.

It would be nice if somehow in the future we could also have the sounds with voice on speakers (on secondary channel)

Mark

spacer.png

Hellenic vACC | Olympic Air Virtual

Europe Region Director 2001-2011

Pilot: P5 | ATC: C3