You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

necessary hardward for fsx

Kevin Moore 1065777

Kevin Moore 1065777
Posted
Posted

I have fsx and am waiting to install it until I have a better system, (my current one is too slow). I want to have high graphics and smooth framerates. What is a good video card you would recommend to get this thing going?

Jeancarlos Hernandez 10539
Posted
Posted

Get a Dell dude, i have a XPS 410 fully loaded, w/ a intel duo extream 2.4ghz, 4 gig memory, and dual Nvidia GeForce 8800 overclocked and 512 mb, thats what i got and works great. Oh onather thing i recommend is make shure you get windows vista, cause it has DirectX 10, wich is compadible with the Nvidia 8800 and will enhance the visual quality in FSX...

• 1 month later...
Ross Moir 844817
Posted
Posted

When considering a new machine for FSX and Vista , be aware that these are both resource intensive programs . To achieve what you want in relation to Frame Rates ( and more importantly smoothness) you will need to throw a fair bit of money at it . Dual core CPUs are good , Quads may be better. Look at 4 GB of RAM , and the best GPU ( video card ) that you can afford. Also , sometimes the most expensive isnt always the best choice. Perhaps ask some questions in the Gaming Forums for a better idea of what may work for you .

Ross

Taxiway ALPHA Landing Expert