You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vZBW's 9th Annual Boston Tea Party - 7/19/08

Jason Herman 911755

Jason Herman 911755
Posted
Posted

The 9th Annual Boston Tea Party is just around the corner! This year's annual event will be held July 19, 2008 live from the Daniel Webster College campus in Nashua, NH from 12:00 PM - 8:00PM EDT (1600z - 0000z). As many seasoned VATSIM pilots can attest to, this exclusive event is the most thrilling, interactive of them all. With the opportunity to receive payware prizes from our sponsors and to be a part of the thousands of operations handled by our finest controllers, who wouldn't love to join us in the fun? This year's event will feature over 28 of our controllers together (possibly a VATSIM record?) in Nashua and many of our other dedicated controllers and staff members logging on from home.

teaparty2008.png

Please click the above logo and check out our Boston Tea Party 2008 page with all of the event information including Airport Poker rules and prizes, preferred routes, photos of previous Tea Party events, an exclusive Traffic Management Unit (TMU) page dedicated to this particular event, and even a site to check the current Airport Poker standings to see where you place live during the event. Check this page often for updates on all aspects of the event, including additional sponsors and prize information.

We look forward to your participation in our event this year and wish you the best of luck in the game of Airport Poker. Please don't hesitate to post any questions, comments, or even suggestions we may be able to integrate into the Boston Tea Party 2008.

"HN"

• 2 weeks later...
Paul Byrne
Posted
Posted

Yes,

I believe there will be a few hungover heads today, so guys, please be gentle with them at the start .

This is looking to be an amazing event, with all TRACON positions open within the ARTCC! Time to fire up your favorite prop or light jet and fly around with some of the best ATC on VATSIM.

Have a ball guys! Really wishing I was there.

Cheers!

Paul.

Dan Everette
Posted
Posted

I believe there will be a few hungover heads today, so guys, please be gentle with them at the start .

We were all sober when we called you to tell your voicemail we wished you were here...

Of course that was then... now... not sure about the sober part... Perhaps we'll all be sober sometime Sunday.

-Dan Everette

CFI, CFII, MEI

Having the runway in sight just at TDZE + 100 is like Mom, Warm cookies and milk, and Christmas morning, all wrapped into one.

Nicholas Bartolotta 912967
Posted
Posted

*Turns up the mic volume*

"GOOOODDDDD MORNING, BOSTON APPROACH!"

Nick Bartolotta - ZSE Instructor, pilot at large

"Just fly it on down to within a inch of the runway and let it drop in from there."

- Capt. Don Lanham, ATA Airlines

Justin A. Martin
Posted
Posted

Aggrey Ellis 964561
Posted
Posted

It's no big deal, but the TMU page isn't working.

ZLA I11

VATCAF S1

et_1.png

Jason Herman 911755
Posted
Posted
It's no big deal, but the TMU page isn't working.

We actually had to take it down since the resources required to run the page weren't available at the time the event started. Sorry!

Best,

"HN"

Mat Lawrence 965555
Posted
Posted

I flew JFK-BOS this afternoon when I got home from work. United 1004 Dash-8. It was SUPERB! It was 100% just as if I flew that route for real. The controllers and other pilots I heard during the time I was online all sounded just like they do when I'm flying for real or listening on ground. Even the delays were realistic! Providence approach was ROCKING. I mean seriously, in real life, I can't get a word in edgewise and that was replicated perfectly here too!!

Thomas Mathieu 998318
Posted
Posted

My FS froze on initial into Boston so I had to disconnect in mid-air to avoid a conflict with the 6 or so aircraft I saw in my windshield. The ATC was awesome!!!!! I had a blast!

Best Regards,

Thomas Mathieu

VATAME1 Region Director

VATSIM Africa Middle East

http://www.vatame.net

[email protected]

TMSIGVATAME.png

Justin A. Martin
Posted
Posted

All together the flight was amazing and some great controllers, but the one inparticular I would like to thank is Dan Everette (SP?). One could have easily confused Dan as a real-world controller remaining calm and collected while kicking royal . Great job Dan and ZBW!!! As always great event!

Justin

Nicholas Bartolotta 912967
Posted
Posted

GREAT work, ZBW!! This was an outstanding event this year!

-AMT124 (MDW-BOS), AMT7289 (BOS-PWM), AMT7242 (PWM-BOS)

Nick Bartolotta - ZSE Instructor, pilot at large

"Just fly it on down to within a inch of the runway and let it drop in from there."

- Capt. Don Lanham, ATA Airlines

Richard Walsh
Posted
Posted

Had a great time. Great Job as usual from BOS.

Josh Rosard 879188
Posted
Posted

Good job ZBW, thanks a lot!

Josh Rosard

ZDV

PPL ASEL

Phillip Speer
Posted
Posted

Excellent fun,

Initially flew in as USA2039 from DCA nice and early and made 2 attempts do depart as JBU1219 to BUF. Unfortunately FS crashed both times holding at 22R. By then was getting late over here so gave up but was all good fun though

Phillip

VATSIM UK Divisional Instructor

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Thanks for all the comments guys ... this was one of the best Tea Parties I've participated in. All the pilots brought their A-game and traffic flowed smoothly throughout the day, even though we were slammed. Well done to all!

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC