You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Temporary fix to VRC/Vista problems

Michael Seth-Hunter 102640

Michael Seth-Hunter 102640
Posted
Posted

I have been having a problem with VRC ever since I put it on my laptop with the Intel chipset (965) and Vista. The tempoprary fix I found was to disable the driver, and then turn down hardware accel. So far it has cured all of my visual problems, and now i just need to see if my TXT speed is where it should be. P[Mod - Happy Thoughts] this on to anyone who is having a similar problem. Again, I hope this fix is just temporary, and the VRC programers will get it figured out in the mean time. I have also put a word in to Intel to see if they can offer any [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istance.

to disable the driiver: right click personalize/personalize/device manager/display adaptors/sub menus item (mine is the intel chipset which my computer uses)/driver/disable.

this will change all of your graphics to mode "suck" but VRC will work right (graphics anyways). when you want to reverse this, rune the same steps, just click enable, and all will be normal again.

hope this helps all of you having issues with VRC/Vista.

Abhay Pokarna 1021681
Posted
Posted

Hi Mate,

I am also using VRC on Vista with Nvidia Graphic card, and working fine, had not trouble at all, Please try to see if you can get an update for your graphic card and motherboard.

Regards

Abhay

AI0002.png

7681.png

• 5 months later...
Rodrigo Bastos 956101
Posted
Posted

I have the same problem here. My VAIO has the Mobile Intel 965 chipset and Vista...

Ross and all, do you know how to solve this problem without disable the driver?

Regards,

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

Rodrigo,

There is no solution that doesn't involve disabling the video device.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Juan Espinoza
Posted
Posted

Rodrigo

As Norman said there is no solution, is a known bug with integrated video intel chipsets (Notebooks), 965 and x3100, i had a HP DV6000 with the same problem.

Now im using a DELL 6400 notebook with ATI Graphics card and homemade PC with NVIDIA Graphics card, no more troubles.

Regards

Juan Espinoza B.

VATSIM Supervisor

Juan Espinoza B

VATSIM Supervisor

CID 958385

Rodrigo Bastos 956101
Posted
Posted

Norman and Juan,

thanks for the help.

I'm gonna use my PC ...

Regards,

• 2 weeks later...
Ahmed Hasan 958620
Posted
Posted

Michael Thanks for that temporary solution

I suffered from this problem for almost 6 month before I managed to downgrade my Acer Aspire 5720 To Windows XP and now it works a treat

Actually after many tries with Intel,Microsoft and VRC Developer Ross Clarson

the problem was identified to be out of the Conflict between Vista and Intel drivers as the Vista won't allow you to change the rate of hardware acceleration not like XP which will allow you to

anyhow thanks for the temp. solution again and maybe if I decided to get back to Vista oneday which won't be near I will use it

Ahmed H[Mod - Happy Thoughts]an

vpa240.png

• 1 month later...
Daniel Green 996057
Posted
Posted
I have been having a problem with VRC ever since I put it on my laptop with the Intel chipset (965) and Vista. The tempoprary fix I found was to disable the driver, and then turn down hardware accel. So far it has cured all of my visual problems, and now i just need to see if my TXT speed is where it should be. P[Mod - Happy Thoughts] this on to anyone who is having a similar problem. Again, I hope this fix is just temporary, and the VRC programers will get it figured out in the mean time. I have also put a word in to Intel to see if they can offer any [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istance.

to disable the driiver: right click personalize/personalize/device manager/display adaptors/sub menus item (mine is the intel chipset which my computer uses)/driver/disable.

this will change all of your graphics to mode "suck" but VRC will work right (graphics anyways). when you want to reverse this, rune the same steps, just click enable, and all will be normal again.

sorry to bump this thread after month but im having problem when i do this i get a black screen :S and i have to restart my pc it work after load of restarts i just wonder if anyone eles has same problem.

Daniel Green

• 8 months later...
Ricardo Ortiz 874994
Posted
Posted

i did this, then i opened vrc and after that I enable the video drivers then just maximize vrc and....vôila...VRC FULLY FUNCTIONALLY

try it

Colin Zhang 1103737
Posted
Posted

VRC seems to be working perfectly on Windows 7 with the Intel X4500MHD on my ThinkPad X200 laptop. No modification required .

VATUSA ZSE Staff Mentor, S3

1798.png

• 3 months later...
Michael Dipasquale 1134951
Posted
Posted

Hey I tried the fix mentioned two posts up... where I disabled the driver, booted up VRC (and it has full, proper display) and then enabled the driver again after and VRC still functions with full displays.

Hope this helps everyone else.

Thanks for the advice,

Boo Vista....

• 4 months later...
Rodrigo Bastos 956101
Posted
Posted

hey guys,

sorry to bump this thread again.

Does anybody know if this issue would be solved if I upgrade to Windows 7?

Tks!

Rodrigo

Richard Gerrish
Posted
Posted
hey guys,

sorry to bump this thread again.

Does anybody know if this issue would be solved if I upgrade to Windows 7?

Tks!

Rodrigo

it was working fine on a laptop i teched yesterday after we upgraded the OS.

Richard Gerrish

Developer, STM Applications Group

Wycliffe Barrett
Posted
Posted

no problems at all with my laptop and windows 7.

i am a little amused to hear people disabling video drivers when all you have to do and thisis known isue, not with VRC but most laptops and that is turn down the hardware acceleration.

this issue was first identified with dell laptops where the hardware acceleration was always set to maximum by default.

Wycliffe

Wycliffe Barrett: C3 Controller

atc5o.png

"if god meant for us to fly, he would have given us tickets" Mel Brooks