You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

FSUCIP error Forcefully rejected WSAECONNREFUSED

Damian Hollingbery 915276

Posted
Posted

Each time i try and connect i get this message forcefully rejected WSAECONNREFUSED what am i doing wrong i am new to this online ATC stuff

Greg Packett 917597
Posted
Posted

Hi. I started a thread yesterday with the same problem and a few others. I've been working on it all weekend with no luck. Did you download the pilot's complete package or did you get each required file separately? That's the only thing I haven't tried yet. The files in the complete package may be corrupt. If you find a solution please post it here and I’ll do the same. Good Luck!

Richard Critz
Posted
Posted

You are using an outdated list of servers. The full contents of the PRC are included in the all-in-one download and it does contain the answer to this, as well as, a step-by-step set of instructions to get you connected.

Richard Critz

VP/Development (VATSIM26/VATGOV5)

VATSIM Board of Governors

VATSIM Network Team

Posted
Posted

thanks all for the advice but i only download the all in one package today as i am new to this, so i can say i have all the latest programmes

Martin Georg 811874
Posted
Posted

Hello Damian,

as Richard Critz said the list of servers in the software package as it is installed is outdated. To correct this start "Servinfo", klick on the VATSIM button, then open the "File" menu, then "Export IPADDR.TXT". A "save" dialog box is opened and you get the option to save a file called IPADDR.TXT. Select the Squawkbox main directory and overwrite any existing file in there. After that you have an updated list of servers for VATSIM.

best regards,

Martin Georg

3500.png

Richard Critz
Posted
Posted

Exactly as Martin says. Again, the step-by-step instructions in the all-in-one download, which are copies of the PRC materials, tell you that you must do something to update the list of IP addresses. The recommended "something" is the use of ServInfo as Martin describes.

Richard Critz

VATSIM Network Team

Posted
Posted

sorry guys still not working. I am not sure what to try next i would really like this to working being a real pilot

Martin Georg 811874
Posted
Posted

Hmm,

You have a firewall active? Perhaps it´s blocking access to the VATSIM network. Did you think about the internal WindowsXP firewall? Even if you turned it off sometimes, check it again to be sure

best regards,

Martin Georg

3500.png

Posted
Posted

have turned off XP fire wall don't have any others installed

Greg Packett 917597
Posted
Posted
You are using an outdated list of servers. The full contents of the PRC are included in the all-in-one download and it does contain the answer to this, as well as, a step-by-step set of instructions to get you connected.

Hi. I tried this using Servinfo2.02 and it didn't fix the problem. I printed out every single .pdf included in the package and followed all of the instructions to the"T" several times over.

Posted
Posted

what internet ip address should i be using in the SB host box

Richard Critz
Posted
Posted

A valid one. There are 15 of them this instant. What address are you using?

Richard Critz

VATSIM Network Team

Federico Bellato 913877
Posted
Posted

Hi Guys, I'm new. I just have the same problem with that strange message. Everything is ok, zone labs "tuned",xp firewall off...but still not working..by the way, do I have to use the avc, or not? Cause a strange message appears, like "you have to connect to a vatsim server first", and " no callsign valid". Another mistake is that it can't find two files, that I clearly see in the squawkbox folder: ICAO.DAT and CSL_ICAO.CSV..........I think I'm gonna crash my head in my monitor otherwise!

Thanks

Richard Critz
Posted
Posted

Again: Follow the steps in the PRC. And I really mean do it literally, one step at a time, checking off each one as you go.

Richard Critz

VATSIM Network Team

Greg Packett 917597
Posted
Posted
Again: Follow the steps in the PRC. And I really mean do it literally, one step at a time, checking off each one as you go.

Hi Richard. I really think there may be a problem with the Pilot's complete package download. There have been several pilots reporting the exact same problems just in the last two days. No offense, but I have followed the steps "one at a time" and "checked" them off as I went along. I printed the .pdf files for everything and followed the directions as I went. Actually, I've done this at least 10 times now. I started working on this problem on Friday night, worked on it all weekend and most of tonight. I'm still getting the same errors.

Dave Weese 817228
Posted
Posted

Sorry got to this post late, so I put all the help into one post.

Everything is ok, zone labs "tuned",xp firewall off...[/qoute]

WinXP Sp2 firewall works fine, SP1 firewall does not that you will need to shut off, or just upgrade to SP2, if you are using Zone Alarm free or Pro version that is a fix that came out last week, because ZoneAlram was causing problems with mutli-player games.

by the way, do I have to use the avc, or not? Cause a strange message appears, like "you have to connect to a vatsim server first", and " no callsign valid".

Yes if you want to use voice, and yes you have to connect to Vatsim before starting AVC and you have to use the same callsign in AVC that you used in SB

Another mistake is that it can't find two files, that I clearly see in the squawkbox folder: ICAO.DAT and CSL_ICAO.CSV..........I

Copy the CSL_ICAO.CSV to your FS\Aircraft and FS\Aircraft\CSL folders that should fix this problem, if it doesn't try starting SB right from its folder not from a startmenu or desktop shortcut. And any SB flight plans you have must be saved into your SB folder or that will cause this error as well when you try to open them.

what internet ip address should i be using in the SB host box

What host box do you mean? The one that comes up just after you select your mutli-player type? If yes, you should not need to put any IP in to this box, but you can use 127.0.0.1 that will redirect it too look at your local machine and should see SBRelay. If you are running FS2002 you'll need to enter you internet IP address here.

Most of this is in the PDFs that come with the software download, as I created them. However I think now I should have looked in to a better trouble shooting guide

Dave Weese (CXA007)

Fleet Manager

Canadian Xpress Virtual Airline®

http://www.CanadianXpress.ca