You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

8500gt card help

paul westcott

paul westcott
Posted
Posted

afternoon guys, my pc retailer is going to give me a "shot" of an 8500gt 512mb graphics card while they are waiting on (an 8600gts) coming back into stock so i can get mine replaced under warranty,

my question is does anyone have this card and how does it run fs9/fsx?

any comments are appreciated

cheers

paul

p.s they also say i dont need to change the drivers, is this so??

newironmic.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
david beard 932462
Posted
Posted

I have the 8500 GT, and have no problem with it. I fly FSX now and love it but have used it for FS9and found it doe's everything I require of it. I use multiple monitors with Maxi-Vista and fly on line with a group of Australians every Monday and Thursday evening.

Zario Cummins 996334
Posted
Posted

i have a 7800 GTX Overclocked and its runs find so i [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume a 8500 is much better

5599.png

Kyle Steever 810905
Posted
Posted
i have a 7800 GTX Overclocked and its runs find so i [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume a 8500 is much better

Do not ever [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume that just because the card has a number about 1,000 higher than your it is automatically better. For details, check out www.gpureview.com. Compare cards through that webpage and it will highlight the better specs for each card. Nifty little things IMHO.

vZME Air Traffic Manager

userbar474384ny4.gif

... --- ... ... --- ...

• 3 weeks later...
Erhan Atesoglu 1050499
Posted
Posted

Kyle: very true. The most important parts of buying an nvidia card is the GTX/GTS/GT... GTX means you got the cream of the crop and its overclockable, GTS means you got what they designed, GT means something is broken but the chip is still functional and half price! GS means its so bad might as well put it in a laptop since no one will notice or care...

ATI on the other hand will just sell you a [Mod - lovely stuff]py chip and lie about its specs.

Stephen Sculley-Beaman
Posted
Posted

Ignore the first number in nVidia. Its the second number that counts

paul westcott
Posted
Posted

morning all

well i got my (original) card replaced, so im back to an 8600gts but with my h[Mod - Happy Thoughts]le and more than 8 weeks of being without it - they upgraded it from 256 mb to 512 mb (for all it costs - all of a fiver) but still, running 3-d benchmark im getting a score averaging 18-20k which is strange because my old card only done 2500 benchmark (which may have been done when it was knackered) im not sure, i dont think, there is a noticable performance gain, but we will see.

cheers guys

newironmic.jpg

Stephen Sculley-Beaman
Posted
Posted

good luck!