You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Problem - active runways changing randomly on metar update

Matthew Gunn 964355

Matthew Gunn 964355
Posted
Posted

Odd thing happens - have set up runways correctly at start of session - including centrelines. Half way through I find these have changed - this seems to happen after the metars have updated but more often than not it seems to reset to whatever the original runways were at the beginning of the session.

Anyone else experienced this?

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

The only thing I experienced (which is already fixed in the current beta) is, that active runways of inactive airports get cleared when you change anything in the runway dialog while hiding inactive airports (so those runways were hidden).

Stephan Boerner

VATEUD - ATC Training Director

EuroScope Board of Designers | GVCCS Beta Tester

edff,euroscope,ger1oic,lhaoic.jpg

EuroScope Quick Start Guide

Matthew Gunn 964355
Posted
Posted

This seems to be a different problem - I had the same thing again last night. Half way through the arrival and departure runways at some airports got switched around - makes the extended centreline for active runway arrivals quite tricky if you don't notice in time! I'll try and run a log next time to see if I can track down what is triggering the change ([Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming the log will pick it up).

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Matthew,

I am more or less sure that a LOG can capture this behavior. Please, send it to me in a ZIP. Also include the actual SCT/ESE/RWY files you were using. It would be nice if you can exactly define the time when you noticed it.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

• 1 month later...
Morten Jelle
Posted
Posted

Is it possible change runways automatically in Euroscope?

Morten Jelle

VATSIM Network Supervisor, Team Lead - Supervisor Team 1

spacer.png

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Morten,

Rules are different from airport to airport. There may be temporary rules, NOTAMs also. In this way it is not possible to make it automatic.

Gergely.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Sami Ylismaki 878340
Posted
Posted
Morten,

Rules are different from airport to airport. There may be temporary rules, NOTAMs also. In this way it is not possible to make it automatic.

Gergely.

Or there could be a place in the ESE files to define the rules.

Couple of rules could look like this:

W = Wind

Arrival:W Deg Min:W Deg Max:W Spd Min:W Spd Max:Rwy 1:Rwy 2:Rwy 3: ...

Departure:W Deg Min:W Deg Max:W Spd Min:W Spd Max:Rwy 1:Rwy 2:Rwy 3: ...

arrival:120:240:5:50:22L:15

departure:160:260:5:50:22R

For the exceptions there should be a toggle to turn off the feature, possibly per airport.

The rules could be helpful in CTR position when there's lots of infrequently used airports. Whenever controller sees an aircraft at an airport or inbound he will usually also retrieve the METAR and this is also when the runways should be updated according to the rules if any exists. Of course all the airports could be also retrieved automatically at the start of the program, if it's not a problem resource wise.

• 8 months later...
Hans Utne 813128
Posted
Posted

As the issue of loosing Active airport and metar seems to have died, as it has been "fixed in a beta", I need to get this issue back on top

First, what you guys have in your updated beta-versions, does not help the general public at all, until released.

Second, any idea why I loose the active airport markings, and autoupdate of metar, after some time online? The only actions in the meantime is handling of aircraft, zooming, and normal communications.

Hans Utne

VATSIM Pilot & SC

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted
First, what you guys have in your updated beta-versions, does not help the general public at all, until released.
That is right for sure, but anything that has already been fixed, can not be fixed a second time, so there is nothing else to tell You about that issue other than "already fixed". The feature list for the upcoming release has been closed and Gergely is working on it, so until he finished (which is any time when he finished, and we all know, there is not going to be any announced release date), there is nothing else to tell you. Such behaviour has not been noted during all beta versions I can remember, so this issue must be fixed.
Second, any idea why I loose the active airport markings, and autoupdate of metar, after some time online? The only actions in the meantime is handling of aircraft, zooming, and normal communications.

Obviously we don't have any idea, and to be honest there are only two options for now: we can either [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume that this has been fixed, and there are strong indicators for that [Mod - Happy Thoughts]umption to be true, or we can start searching for a bug in a version that is more than a year old, which would surely delay the release and cause lots of additional work. There have been so many improvements since v3.0a, it would probably be even hard to find the bug itself, and thereafter to track down at which point it was fixed.

Maybe someone who is still using v3.0a knows the bug and has found a way to deal with it ... personally I can just say, that I don't remember ever experiencing that behaviour, so I don't know what else to tell you other than "it doesn't seem to be there anymore in current versions".

Stephan Boerner

VATEUD - ATC Training Director

EuroScope Board of Designers | GVCCS Beta Tester

edff,euroscope,ger1oic,lhaoic.jpg

EuroScope Quick Start Guide

Hans Utne 813128
Posted
Posted

Stephan,

Thanks for the response, even if bottom line is that this "issue" hasn't been, or isn't, identified by yourself

Looking forward to a new updated release soon, so we all can start off again from the same level and/or source.

Hans Utne

VATSIM Pilot & SC