You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

I'm Interested In controlling in Penang Malaysia (WMKP)

Mohd Dinie Mohd Abidin 935

Posted
Posted

What are the steps required so I can be a controller here (WMKP)

Thank You

Romano Lara
Posted
Posted (edited)

Actually sir, there is no active Malaysia vACC yet or in short Malaysia vACC is not active under VATSIM. Sometimes Mr. Hakan Guven man WMFC_CTR especially during events. I'm not sure though if they really are In-active let's hear from the others. Thanks for your interest! We have many FIR's around consist of Singapore, Indonesia, Manila, Hongkong, China and many more to chose from.

Edited by Guest

Romano Lara
vACC Philippines, Manager - Training & Standards
04819c_4181f294a6c34b5aa4d8a82c0fb448c5~mv2.webp

Hakan Guven 811602
Posted
Posted

Abidin, firstly I'm really glad to hear about your intention to become active controller in Malaysia,Penang area. As Romano says, there is no official Malaysia VACC yet.

(if you don't have rating) for to be an active controller you have to get training and you have to get your ratings. for getting rating your training must be confirmed by tour trainer an authrosize person must be give recommendation. At that time you will be STUdent level and you can open GND and TWR facilities. After 50 online ATC hrs you have to be apply Senior Student level exams for open APProach.

But for all these, you have to be member in one of official VACC. You can contact with Asia region director and request his advise. After complete your ratings step by step you can get a duty position in "has no active official VACC countries".But if there are an official VACC you have to be apply "visiting member" or "guest member"

After opened Malaysia VACC you can transfered to Malaysia VACC or you can become a visiting member in Malaysia VACC. I'm opening Malaysia CTR when I have time between 1100Z-1500Z in weekends. but when opened Malaysia VACC, I must be apply visiting members too.

Hakan GUVEN

Posted
Posted

thanks guys..I have sent an application for the rating to the vatsea person in charge..I hope he will reply soon..

can you tell me something about the test?

Romano Lara
Posted
Posted

Mate, there's nothing much we can tell about the test unless you didn't study hard I can tell you that your guaranteed to fail the Student test. So good luck as your controller career goes on.

Romano Lara
vACC Philippines, Manager - Training & Standards
04819c_4181f294a6c34b5aa4d8a82c0fb448c5~mv2.webp

Terrance Kan 841637
Posted
Posted

Mohd,

would you like to send your application again, at the same time please cc it to [email protected]

KA992.gif

我沒有什麼經驗,有的å