You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Contact me message

Colm Fitzgerald 1037650

Colm Fitzgerald 1037650
Posted
Posted

Is it possible to change the default "Please contact me on xxx.xx" Message to something else- I've looked in most files where it might be changed but cant find anything.

Any suggestions?

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

It is build in ES. I'm curious with what you want to change it. If it is so important, you can always send private message with your text, as "Please contact me on xxx.xx" is in fact that.

Mark Richards
Posted
Posted

And that message is stock standard amongst all the Controller Clients so at least the pilot knows what it means.

Mark Richards (811451)

Auckland, New Zealand

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

Don't think so, but that doesn't really turn out to be relevant, because if someone doesn't understand the phrase "contact me on...", he usually doesn't understand the difference between frequency and private chat at all. So you are stuck with explaining it anyway.

Stephan Boerner

VATEUD - ATC Training Director

EuroScope Board of Designers | GVCCS Beta Tester

edff,euroscope,ger1oic,lhaoic.jpg

EuroScope Quick Start Guide

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

There is already a request to enable other built in messages (from the auto text messages) to be overridden by some aliases. I do not see why we can not do it for the .contactme command.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer