You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ALIAS - Why not a POP-UP window

Manuel Ramos 1021059

Manuel Ramos 1021059
Posted
Posted

First of all let me say what a Great Job you are doing with EUROSCOP ! The software is realy good.

I would like to sugest to creat a Popup window for the ALIAS.

It would be much easier than to memorize a list off "keywords"

Do you think it is possible ?

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

What kind of popup? You mean like clicking on the tag opening a popup with predefined messages depending on the state of flight? I don't think that would be such a good idea. ES already supports generating automated messages for certain commands, so there aren't much situations left where you really need to use aliases.

So I'm sure it would be possible, but I don't think it would be very useful, nor would it be very good to handle, as there are already the regular popups in the tag.

Stephan Boerner

VATEUD - ATC Training Director

EuroScope Board of Designers | GVCCS Beta Tester

edff,euroscope,ger1oic,lhaoic.jpg

EuroScope Quick Start Guide

Manuel Ramos 1021059
Posted
Posted

I use on my Alias things like :

You are leaving my airspace and no further ATC available.Resume own navigation, change freq to UNICOM 122.800. Have nice flight.Bye

Or

You are clear to destination $1 via $2 FL $3 is approved Squawk $4

Or

Current information is $1 runway in use $2 qnh $3

Or

Winds from $1 at $2 Runway $3, cleared for takeoff.Report airborne

Or ....

And is to this kind of things that I think a Popup would be nice.

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

I'm using the same alias...but I also can't see what the popup window will do...you want it to be like FireFox is auto finishing the URLs? Or a simple list of all your alias... the all idea of alias is to write just ".hoi" and ES will display

"You are leaving my airspace and no further ATC available.Resume own navigation, change freq to UNICOM 122.800. Have nice flight.Bye".... I fail to see the use and purpose of popup window

Manuel Ramos 1021059
Posted
Posted

The idea is a Popup List of all of the alias commands. It would be great to be [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ociated to the text line of the Euroscop (Bottom Left)... If for instance you click there with the right bottom of the mouse it would open this list (all your Alias commands) and you easy and fast (without typing) pick the one you need. I know that if you are with a airplane in text there are already a lot of instructions that goes in auto (Altitude / heading / interceptions... ) but if the plane is not identified as receiving text nothing happened so if still you need to send a text instruction (and you know it happened) to a plane that is on voice you have to keep remembering all the Alias. Thanks a lot for this open discussion !

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

If a plane is text receiving only, but he hasn't set /T/, shouldn't you then mark it as Text only ( F9 + T)? In this case not only ES, but ALL other controllers will know that plane is text receiving This is a case and for /V/ planes having some sort of voice malfunction.

But it is a easy task and I'll put it in Mantis

Manuel Ramos 1021059
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the OPEN MIND !

Keep on doing the Good Work !