You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Euroscope to Go

Aggrey Ellis 964561

Aggrey Ellis 964561
Posted
Posted

Im about to head away from home for a bit. Id like to try installing Euroscope to a Flash Drive to take with me. Are there any special steps I should take, and will it still work properly?

ZLA I11

VATCAF S1

et_1.png

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

1. Get a copy of your SCT, ESE, ASR, FSNav, ALIAS files

2. Copy ES's installation package on FLASH.

3. Install ES on the PC you are about to control and copy all other files on it too (because of different files path, expect errors, just need to load them again in ES from there new location).

P.S. I'm not sure you can install ES on FLASH as on a HDD....

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Aggrey,

EuroScope does not really has to be installed. It does not use registry or system folder. If you copy all the files you have at home to a FlashDrive and plug it into any machine EuroScope more or less surely will start. There are some things you have to do manually:

- The EuroScope.ttf must be copied to the Windows fonts folder. If it is not there you miss the special characters on the screen (but ES will work).

- You might need to edit your profile files. They contain full path references that might be different when you plug in your FlashDrive.

- When you open an ESE file the referenced SCT might not be found as it is a full path file name, but ES will offer a file select dialog to fix it.

- And finally do not forget to setup the voice HW as their name is surely different.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer