You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

UK Charts

Jonathan Pritchard 1071939

Posted
Posted

I am new to Vatsim and I am having trouble obtaining airport charts from the Pilot Resource Centre. Each time I attempt to access a chart it tels me that the URL cannot be found etc...

ANy ideas what the problem is or how I can access departure and arrival plates?

Thanks,

Jonathan

Alan Sutherland
Posted
Posted

Hello Jonathan,

NATS have made their charts much easier to get at and have removed the registration requirement. They can be found at http://www.nats-uk.ead-it.com/public/index.php%3Foption=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=6&Itemid=13.html

I would also suggest the Eurocontrol website: http://www.ead.eurocontrol.int/publicuser/public/pu/login.jsp which contains all charts for European Eurocontrol affiliated countries and are all up to date. You complete a free registration, login go to Enter Application. Once it loads on the left doible click PAMS Light and then you the drop down menus etc to get what your looking for.

Hope this helps,

Alan

Alan Sutherland

ROvACC Training Director

VATEUD TD vACC Support Manager

[email protected]

Bill Casey
Posted
Posted

I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume that the PRC must have the out-dated link to the old AIS site. Any chance of someone updating it please?

Bill Casey

Posted
Posted

Many thanks Alan, however, when I go to EAD basic (having already registered) and click on "ENTER APPLICATIONS" nothing happens. Is anyone else having this problem?

Also, on the NATS website I click on any airport and all I receive is the airport name followed by a blue box called airport charts but with nothing in them????Am I doing something wrong? Do I need a particular programme to see these files? I have java etc already.

© AIS MMVIII | Terms and Conditions | Privacy Policy |

• 2 weeks later...
Francis Shepherd 980238
Posted
Posted

Johnathon,

It has since changed again, if I understand you correctly; see here. Best viewed with Adobe Reader 8. I'm not aware that it requires Java as well although I'm happy to be corrected.

generate.php?mid=1235

Alan Sutherland
Posted
Posted

Hi Jonathan,

Apologies for the late reply - I forgot I had posted a reply in this thread!

I have been having some trouble recently when connecting to EAD. I normally login and click Enter Applications. There is a message that pops up, that you click OK to. At first when I started using it, the message box would get stuck behind a number fo windows and it was very hard to find. I would suggest clicking the button and nothing else, click the OK and then it should load. Otherwise I am not sure what else to say.

Hope it helps

Alan

Alan Sutherland

ROvACC Training Director

VATEUD TD vACC Support Manager

[email protected]