You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VRC wont WORK

Dillon Brown 1068778

Dillon Brown 1068778
Posted
Posted

in VRC it says "Waiting for server list to download.." i have waited well over 4 hours and it still says thee messeage wehn i try to connect. The messeage appears in the server drop down menu. I am using Windows 98

5099.png

Scott Johnston 890281
Posted
Posted
I am using Windows 98

That's probably part of your problem right there.

Dillon Brown 1068778
Posted
Posted

but VRC open up and its fine

5099.png

Jody Turner 1018734
Posted
Posted

I think people who are more likely to be knowledgeable and able to help would be floating around the "VRC Help" forum, that might solve your problem quicker, I can't find anything about compatibility on the VRC website, but Ross Carlson will soon show up and save the day.

Jody Turner - I1

Toronto FIR - Facility Engineer

8942.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Not sure what would cause that problem, and I can't really even speculate since VRC is not supported or tested on Win 98. All I can suggest is disabling any firewall or antivirus software.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Garry Morris 920567
Posted
Posted

I love VRC. It's the only ATC client I use.

That said, you are using a 10 year old operating system Dillon.

I'd recommend you try ASRC, or upgrade your hardware/OS. (I know, money issues may preclude that option, but you have to realize a decade is an incredibly long time when it comes to computers). I only suggest ASRC because it is simpler and has been around a lot longer - thereby perhaps offering a little more older OS compatibility.

Steve Ogrodowski 876322
Posted
Posted

I've never tried to use 98...but I would at least double check your internet connection, any firewalls, routers, and any other problem that might prevent VRC from connecting.

When I've seen the downloading server list message for a while, it's been a firewall problem. Although...in those situations, I've always been able to go up, hit Connect and still connect to the network fine (even though the message sits there saying it's not downloading).

Steve Ogrodowski