You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Request: G/G coms

Ben Sargeaunt-Thomson 8348

Posted
Posted

Hi chaps,

A bit of a cross post from the VRC forum but I think it would apply equally here too.

Would it be possible to have both Mics open on an intercom call. This in Europe differs from the US system and I think it would be nice to include this.

With both Mics open, like a SkyPE call both controllers can speak – the PTT button will still work on the Prim freqs so both controllers can still talk to aircraft.

There should be a hold function that mutes that puts the call on hold (like a standard phone hold)

I am sure this is easy to do as it would be a modification of the override function, just with both mics hot.

Now where this post differs is that is it possible to mix the stereo levels. What I mean by this is,

Volume Level - Normal Ops

Left Ear : Radio 100% Phone 0%

Right Ear : Radio 100% Phone 0%

Volume Level - Phone Call in progress

Left Ear : Radio 100% Phone 0%

Right Ear : Radio 0% Phone 100%

I see this as being quite a crucial function in replicating the way in which ATC systems work in Europe and the UK. With systems like this we can take simulation to a higher level.

Ben

Posted
Posted

Thanks for that........plus its interesting to see the bug reporting and work done behind the scences.

Cheers.

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Ben,

The first part is really just some kind of setup in the voice connections. We can add (at least as an option).

But the second part is not as easy. There is a voice library that is built into VRC and ES. This library so far does not offer any interface to connect something to left or right speakers only. In this way I do not have any chance to program it.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Jake Saw
Posted
Posted

I would like to see this as well (the first part anyway).

In RL Australia the override is called a 'Hotline' and the intercom call is a 'Coldline'. They both function like this with both ends being hot during a call.

Jake

Developer - vatSys

image.png.3cc3dde479bc419c580ca959161ce25e.png