You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Changing Display settings...working slower???

Lukas Kulik 917478

Lukas Kulik 917478
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I was trying to change some settings in my Display settings...but after clicking on each button (like VOR, NDB...) and applying the settings i have to wait a little bit 'till i am able to see the changes on my scope. It's like it is freezing for some seconds (~10-20sec) And after that the zooming in ,zooming out and the moving across the scope is working a lot slower than before. Am i making something wrong? Do i have to limit the sector in some way? And I don't think that it's a problem of my system, because it's pretty fast.

Could someone help me out, pls. I think that i should be able to click on the VOR, NDB, GEO...button and should be able to see it immediately on the scope like in VRC and also able to zoom and move around without any pause.

Thx in advance

Regards

Lukas

Regards,

Lukas Kulik

VATSIM Supervisor

vACC-Germany

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Hi Lukas,

the difference between VRC and Euroscope is that the last doesn't use any DirectX, OpenGL or any other . It is a simple GDI calls to windows. If your sct file has many elements as VORs, NDBs and so on, it will use a lot of system resources. When you make a such change (making visible large group of elements) close ES and then open it again. It will be better, but as I said above, it is a simple display operation and is taking resources. I had activated RNAV points in my ES....it simple crashed as I was having 80-90% CPU.

http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?t=29488

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

Lukas, you won't be able to display all information in an SaG sectorfile as several parts of european data is included, which have nothing to do with your area of control and simply overload ES. You will need to invest some time to manually add the points you need.

Stephan Boerner

VATEUD - ATC Training Director

EuroScope Board of Designers | GVCCS Beta Tester

edff,euroscope,ger1oic,lhaoic.jpg

EuroScope Quick Start Guide

Lukas Kulik 917478
Posted
Posted

...ahhhhh...that explains a lot !!

Guys, thx for the fast reply.

Regards,

Lukas