You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VRC voice problems, again

Bart van den Tol

Bart van den Tol
Posted
Posted

Hi all,

I know there are many, many posts in this forum about voice problems in VRC, but I can't find a post that solves my problem.

I use VRC 1.2.1 on Win XP. In Windows firewall I opened all relevant ports. In my router's firewall I have tried two different settings: frst I forwarded all relevant ports to the workstation on which i'm running VRC. Second I defined a DMZ (my workstation is excluded from the firewall, all ports are open and forwarded automatically).

Still voice problems do occur from time to time. Different things can happen. Both my TX and RX buttons light up orange. From there on, the only solution so far is to exit VRC and restart it. It isn't possible to change voice servers (I can't select an output device anymore). Another thing that happens sometimes is that only my TX button lights up orange (I'm NOT pressing my ptt button) and I can't receive nor transmit on the frequency.

Does anyone have had these problems as well and found a solution for it?

Hope to find an answer.

Bart

Edit: It helped to switch from Direct sound to Wave in my audio devices tab. Got the hint from the VRC forum at metacraft.com