You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

New Terminal at DTW

Aggrey Ellis 964561

Aggrey Ellis 964561
Posted
Posted

As some of you may know, on September 17 the new North Terminal will open at DTW.All non Skyteam Airlines (except heavies for now) will park at the new terminal. I haven't seen any scenery or AFCAD that has been updated to reflect this. Have procedures at ZOB been updated to , and are there any taxiway changes? I could post in the ZOB forum but I don't feel like registering to ask one question and I figure many of you here may know more.

ZLA I11

VATCAF S1

et_1.png

Steve Ogrodowski 876322
Posted
Posted

As far as I know, there's no changes available as of yet. Also if I remember looking at the draft images, the new terminal will be placed somewhere east of taxiway K, (obviously near the current Smith terminal) along the side...and so I don't think taxiways will change.

Actually I stopped to actually check the current ground diagram as soon as I wrote that. It looks like the new terminal is actually depicted there now. You'll still see the old three-spoke Smith terminal, but notice to the side and just behind it the new building depictions. Those are all part of the North Terminal. That whole depiction that is parallel to taxiway K is all brand new.

So from the looks of it, all that will need updating is the scenery of the actual buildings the terminal area. I wouldn't expect any procedural changes really at all.

Steve Ogrodowski

Harold Rutila 974112
Posted
Posted

It's going to be really cool. I can't wait to see it.

Aggrey Ellis 964561
Posted
Posted

it's pretty nice but not as impressive as Mcnamara on theohtside.I dunno bout the inside.

ZLA I11

VATCAF S1

et_1.png

Aggrey Ellis 964561
Posted
Posted (edited)

Double post

Edited by Guest

ZLA I11

VATCAF S1

et_1.png

Matthew Bartels
Posted
Posted

I fly in and out of de toilet every week. The new terminal is gonna make me retire that nickname... It looks really nice!

BTW Northwest Worldgateway, aka McNarma Terminal is really starting to show its age.... pity... its not that old ~shrug~

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Forever and always "Just the events guy"

Aggrey Ellis 964561
Posted
Posted

Last time I went through Mcnamara 2 weeks ago it seemed sparkling?

ZLA I11

VATCAF S1

et_1.png

Harold Rutila 974112
Posted
Posted

Maybe on the outside...all that DC9 smoke starts to get to it after a while.

Aggrey Ellis 964561
Posted
Posted
Maybe on the outside...all that DC9 smoke starts to get to it after a while.

Well the inside looks great too. Nothing like the dingy,dark Smith terminal.

ZLA I11

VATCAF S1

et_1.png