You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

NEED A CONTROLLER

Anthony Barth 1069734

Anthony Barth 1069734
Posted
Posted

NEED A CONTROLLER TO GET MY RATING FOR KORD GROUND OR TOWER PLEASE HELP IN OBTAINING THIS CALL [Mod.: Telephone Number removed. It's not a good idea posting telephone numbers Anthony. -GSM (800006)] OR REPLY A.S.A.P

Alex Bailey 969331
Posted
Posted

http://vatusa.net/newmembers/

Follow the instructions found at that link exactly. Best of luck, let me know if you have any questions.

Alex Bailey

ZMA I-1

Matthew Bartels
Posted
Posted
NEED A CONTROLLER TO GET MY RATING FOR KORD GROUND OR TOWER PLEASE HELP IN OBTAINING THIS CALL [Mod.: Telephone Number removed. It's not a good idea posting telephone numbers Anthony. -GSM (800006)] OR REPLY A.S.A.P

Anthony.... WOAH... slow down there dude.

Firstly you're not on the ZAU Roster, you need to do that first, and we're currently in a huge backlog

Secondly don't post things in these fourms in all caps, that's considered rude and it's even moreso enhanced by your demanding of a rating.

Thirdly, no controller can give you a rating on VATSIM. They would be able to monitor you on the positions, but only an instructor can grant you a rating.

Step back for a second ok, there's a huge line for ZAU right now, and we're doing everything in our power to get the facility back on its feet.

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Forever and always "Just the events guy"

Craig Dooley 1045931
Posted
Posted

I would also go back and remove your phone number ASAP. Posting your phone number in a forum is usually not a good idea.

Just an FYI..

Stephen Sculley-Beaman
Posted
Posted

I'm sorry, but is it just me or are the posts in the VATSIM forum becoming more ridiculous by the day?

Alex Bailey 969331
Posted
Posted

Guys,

He is enthusiastic about joining this network just as you were when you first joined. He is eager to get on the network, so it would be best to harness that in a positive manner by helping him join an ARTCC and earn his rating. Anthony, follow the link I provided and you will be on your way to controlling in no time. Read up on the materials and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] the exams, because it all gets easier from there. However, there is plenty of work and dedication required and it all comes from you.

Best of luck!

Alex Bailey

ZMA I-1

Scott Johnston 890281
Posted
Posted
...are the posts in the VATSIM forum becoming more ridiculous by the day?

Yes.

Mark Wheeler 983770
Posted
Posted

Hey, we were all new once, cut the poor guy some slack!

ZLA Rated V-3/I-11/S-3

61.png

Chris McGee
Posted
Posted
He is enthusiastic about joining this network just as you were when you first joined. He is eager to get on the network, so it would be best to harness that in a positive manner by helping him join an ARTCC and earn his rating.

I second this comment! The excitement this new member possesses not only an ARTCC's life but a training departments dream!

Harold Rutila 974112
Posted
Posted

Chill guys.