You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Discipline and Communication

John Park

John Park
Posted
Posted

I would like to make a general comment about the lack of discipline that I have experienced lately. The other day I was taking off from EGSS when I was confronted by another aircraft in my flight path in EGSS airspace. The pilot was not communicating on Unicom and when challenged said he was not in controlled airspace, which he clearly was. Another pilot noted my comments and said "did it matter if he was or was not in controlled airspace" ! Other problems due to the lack of communication have been noted on a daily basis. It appears that the more members we get joining VATSIM the less discipline there is!

John Park

Joaquin Blanco
Posted
Posted

John

Not wanting to take sides on this issue, but if there was no ATC available at the time then it would have been Uncontrolled airspace.

In uncontrolled airspace you are allowed to land on whichever runway you prefer, etc. providing you don't cause a conflict to another

pilot(s) in you area. It is always good practice to be tuned on 122.800 and state intentions by text so that any possible conflict can

be amicably resolved (hopefully). In uncontrolled airspace politeness and giving way to those ahead of us when approaching, landing or taking off

is what is expected of good airmen and gentlemen. Any serious misbehaviour by any user can always be reported to a SUP.

Good manners and discipline are traits that sadly, are fast disappearing in our modern society. However VATSIM is still an overwhelmingly

good and well mannered bunch of enthusiastic controllers/pilots. I understand your frustration

Regards

Best regards

Joaquin Blanco

John Park
Posted
Posted

Joaquin.

Thanks for your comments and the correction about Controlled Airspace, perhaps I should have called it the area around EGSS that is normally controlled.

It would seem that some of the pilots do not have the software to enable them to see other traffic in their vicinity.

Regards.

John Park