You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Oakland is looking for Instructors

Richard Ruminski

Richard Ruminski
Posted
Posted

ZOAlogo.jpg

"The Oakland ARTCC is currently looking for qualified individuals to add to its staff of instructors! ZOA is a challenging and exciting airspace to learn, and teach and offers many procedures featured no where else on VATSIM. In addition to teaching some of the most challenging airspace and procedures on the network, you will also be a part of one of the best, most well respected training departments around.

To apply individuals should hold at least a C3 rating, have a minimum of 3 months experience as a mentor, previous instructor experience is desired, be able to speak and write English fluently and effectively, and have excellent communication skills. Also, real world aviation experience (pilots license, student in a CTI or commercial aviation program, etc.) is a huge plus.

Please send all applications to training (at) oakartcc.com. Included should be a history of your teaching experience (on or off vatsim), other qualifications you feel apply, what you think you would bring to our training department, and anything else you want to include."

Ric Ruminski I1

VATUSA11

Communications Manager VATUSA

email: VATUSA11 (at) vatusa.net

Gerry Hattendorf 935415
Posted
Posted

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but hasn't VATSIM made the C3 an obsolete rating?

Gerry Hattendorf

ZLA Webmaster

VATSIM Supervisor

Timothy Boger 942264
Posted
Posted

Gerry - Not really, it just has some other restrictions tied to it. C1s must now have 200 hours of active controlling and must apply to VATUSA to become a C3.

In addition, it's no longer a prerequisite for attaining the I1 rating, but it seems a number of ARTCCs (mine included) like to have that C3 rating in there anyway.

Timothy Boger

ZMP ATM!

Harold Rutila 974112
Posted
Posted

Is ZOA hiring only ZOA members? Is this an open invite?

Alex Bailey 969331
Posted
Posted

This is an open invite to all.

Alex Bailey

ZMA I-1