You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Gaming PC

Tom Bergman

Tom Bergman
Posted
Posted

I am looking for some insight on what i need to look for with a new PC. system specs, sorry for all of you who hate dell but yes i will be going with them. I would like the PC to last for at least four years and be able to run FSX and other high end games at great frame rates.

Tom Bergman

Hemisphere Virtual Airlines

www.hphvirtual.com

Harold Rutila 974112
Posted
Posted

Have you thought about building your own? See my thread in the Computer Hardware Discussion section of these forums.

Aaron Danks 1071982
Posted
Posted

Can I ask why you simply have to go with Dell?

you are restricting yourself to a small selection of builds that they have and pretty much no advice we can give you will help.

Ingo Harders
Posted
Posted

Tom,

I used to order from Dell which was ok. Then I discovered cyberpowerpc.com and bought my last two gaming PC's there as well as a Laptop. I find they have more to choose from, you can built the PC exactly as you want it, etc... Just my opinion. (..and no, I have no financial or other stakes in the company).

Regards

N405HT

Tom Bergman
Posted
Posted

heres my pc history with dell

-1999-2000 dell optiplex pentium 2, ran excellent no problems

-2000-2001 dell latitude laptop, ran excellent retired but still around

-2000-2004 dell dimension 8250 pentuim 4 ht, again excellent

-2003-present Dell dimension 8250 pentium 4 ht, right now one of the SkyWest Virtual servers after being retired as a gaming PC

-2005-present Dell dimension 8400 pentium 4 ht, has always been the family computer and still runs strong

-2005-2006 Dell inspiron 6000 - first was mine then i upgraded so it went to my dad as a secondary laptop.

-2005-present Dell ispiron 6000, this one is on its third motherboard fifth monitor, third set of ram, second keyboard and touchpad. All of the above were from me and not dell. I got the laptop back within 3 days from contacting dell, thanks to the accidental warranty.

-2006-present Dell inspiron 1405M, my sisters laptop which we have never had any problems with

-2006-present Dell dimension 3000, grandparents pc, nothing special but they only use it for email

-2007-present Dell XPS 410, which hopefully will beome the SkyWest server as i upgrade to a more powerful XPS

-2008-present Dell XPS 1505 laptop, my dads current laptop

-2008-present Dell Insiron 1525 laptop, my moms current laptop

My family has been with dell through the 12 computers that i can remeber. What i love about dell is that i never have had ANY problems with their chat support either technical or sales. If i have a problem with one of my pc's i can have either a truck outide my house usually within 12 hours or if i have to ship it to them i have the computer back within 3-4 days.

The only onther computer brand i will buy from is logitech. I have found two companies that i KNOW the products will tackle whatever i need. I have found something that works aand really don't want to switch.

Tom Bergman

www.hphvirtual.com

Tom Bergman
Posted
Posted
(..and no, I have no financial or other stakes in the company).

Regards

N405HT

I don't either, as said in my post above, i have found a product that i know will work when it needs to. I accidentally backed a car (GMC Yukon) over my laptop. (yes i know i wasn't thinking) there was cosmetic damage but to my surprise it turned ON, all the data was there, the only time the plastic shell has been replaced. i think that is why i will never switch.

Tom Bergman

www.hphvirtual.com

Ingo Harders
Posted
Posted

Tom,

If you are happy with Dell, why not ask them what they would recommend? i would start with that route. Hope the Yukon is ok

Regards

N405HT

Erhan Atesoglu 1050499
Posted
Posted

Honestly just save your self a lot of money and get an Xbox360... Microsoft's taken all the fun out of PC gaming. Unless by gaming machine you mean FSX only...