You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Will it run my notebook FS9 well?

Fatmir Jusufi 1001462

Fatmir Jusufi 1001462
Posted
Posted

Hi all,

I have just ordered my new own notebook and really would like to know if will run FS9 well.

My specs:

Pavilion Montevina, Core2Duo P8400 (2x 2.26GHz 3MB Cache), 320GB

4GB, BRPlayer, 15.4" WXGA,WLAN

Vista Premium, Nvidia 9600GT 1791MB

Do you think I will have great FPS also onile flights using SB or FSInn even there is VISTA Operating System?

Regards,

Fatmir

Fatmir Jusufi

Joshua Black
Posted
Posted

It should... just set the compatibility mode to the FS9.exe file to disable desktop composition.

I too am using Vista, except Im using FSX. I have an Intel Core Duo processor (2.0 GHz) and a GeForce 8600M TS TurboCashe, 3 GB DDR2 and I'm getting anywhere between 25 and 30 FPS on high settings. You should get some pretty decent preformance with those specs...

Joshua Black

Fatmir Jusufi 1001462
Posted
Posted
It should... just set the compatibility mode to the FS9.exe file to disable desktop composition.

I too am using Vista, except Im using FSX. I have an Intel Core Duo processor (2.0 GHz) and a GeForce 8600M TS TurboCashe, 3 GB DDR2 and I'm getting anywhere between 25 and 30 FPS on high settings. You should get some pretty decent preformance with those specs...

Wow! I didn't noticed that I would be able to run FSX on those FPS. After I'll get my notebook I'll check about FSX too.

Regards,

Fatmir

Fatmir Jusufi

Joshua Black
Posted
Posted

It also sometimes depends on the objects around you.... for example when I flying along the praries, everything is normal on the externl view, but when you get to say over the mountains, it can sometimes reduce frames just a bit. (Usually down to like 15FPS which is still not bad at all) Also, the weather can sometimes have an impact on your preformance.

Joshua Black

Fatmir Jusufi 1001462
Posted
Posted
It also sometimes depends on the objects around you.... for example when I flying along the praries, everything is normal on the externl view, but when you get to say over the mountains, it can sometimes reduce frames just a bit. (Usually down to like 15FPS which is still not bad at all) Also, the weather can sometimes have an impact on your preformance.

*Edit* Phrase deleted

Thanks for your help, hope to work FS9 as well.

Regards,

Fatmir

Fatmir Jusufi