You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Flight Controls Stopped Responding

Roger Curtiss

• Board of Governors
Roger Curtiss
Posted
Posted

I use CH Yoke TQ and Pedals w/ FSX running on Vista. Suddenly, the hardware does not respond. Windows shows them as installed OK but they do not respond to calibration attempts or in FSX. The only system changes were installs of FSInn, SB4 and IVAO software (no hissing please- it was research for an article Iwas writing). I have since uninstalled the IVAO stuff and the FSnn...no change in the hardware status.

I am baffled and hoping someone who reads this isn't.

Thanks,

Roger Curtiss

VATGOV12

VP-Virtual Airlines & Special Ops

r.curtiss(at)vatsim.net

810159.png810159.png

Joseph Jaster 932528
Posted
Posted (edited)

Off the top of my head I can think of several things that could cause this, and several solutions. I avoid Vista like the plague (One of the reasons why I started building my own computers) so some things may not work the same, or at all in Vista.

1) This may seem stupid, but just unplug the yoke from the system, then plug it back in after 5 seconds, first while FSX isnt running, failing that try when it is. Sometimes Windows decides to be weird...

2) Check your control [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ignments in FSX, there is one that will disable hardware input, press it a few times and see if FSX begins to respond again.

3) Have you tried calibration from the Windows Control Panel? Sometimes FS has trouble doing it itself.

4) Uninstall the drivers for your yoke, restart (Sometimes it actually helps with drivers as I learned recently) and reinstall. Install any updates too then try again.

5) Reinstall FSX AND the yoke, restarting after both uninstalls.

6) (You may lose any recent changes like new updates and drivers) System restore, go back to the restore point before you installed FSInn and the IVAO software. I don't exactly know how system restore works, but its saved me before. Don't mess with the registry if you dont know what you're doing

7) Maybe the yoke is just dead. If you know someone with another one, or you have another one that works, try it. If it works than your current one may be dead.

Edited by Guest

4422.png

I1 - CZVR

Help controllers maintain their sanity; file a correct equipment code http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equipment_codes

• Board of Governors
Roger Curtiss
Posted
Posted

Joseph:

Thanks for taking the time to respond and offer your excellent suggestions. As it turned out, trying idea #1- unplugging the USB cable and re-connecting was all it took. All 3 devices are now working just fine.

I cannot thank you enough. The help available in this community is awesome and never ceases to impress me.

Roger Curtiss

VATGOV12

VP-Virtual Airlines & Special Ops

r.curtiss(at)vatsim.net

810159.png810159.png

Joseph Jaster 932528
Posted
Posted

Glad I could help; sometimes the most simple things can fix so much. To be honest, I didn't think that would work

4422.png

I1 - CZVR

Help controllers maintain their sanity; file a correct equipment code http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equipment_codes