You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Servinfo Gauge and FSInn

Jackson McAfee 1075051

Jackson McAfee 1075051
Posted
Posted

I have done a search of this thread and cannot find anything addressing the following question. The question is: Does one really gain anything by using Servinfo gauge if you are also using FSInn? It seems that the only information not provided by FSInn are the number of ATC and pilots that are connected. It seems that one would launch Servinfo first to determine where the controllers are if you are trying to make a decision on where to fly from. Otherwise, once you are in the air and if other controllers come online and they are in range, it will show up in the FSInn ATC panel. Am I correct in this reasoning or am I missing something.

Also, I am running FSX with Vista Utimate 64. When I tried to install the gauge by running si202.zip, it did not proceed as per insructions. This leads me to wonder if you can install the gauge running FSX with Acceleration and Vista on a 64 bit machine? If so, then does one have to install by manually changing the panel.cfg of each aircraft you plan to fly with VATSIM?

Jackson McAfee

• 1 month later...
Marcel Tjoeng 977157
Posted
Posted

late response on a browsing subject:

Servinfo Gauge, you can scroll through the ATC positions 'in range' and opt to 'set radio' to the ATC

this semi-AutoTune was diabled in f.i. FSInn, by request of VATSIM

and comes in quite handy when - like me - you struggle to find/switch the proper freq. when 30+ positions show in f.i. Squawkbox 4

cheers