You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

wireless card

Orville Lewis 1017312

Orville Lewis 1017312
Posted
Posted

I'm looking at wireless cards because running a 50 foot ethernet cord across the house isn't working out so much. I need one that can handle ActiveSky, VATSIM, and internet browsing. My dad gave me one that works until I get connected to a voice server for on VATSIM. It also needs to work on Vista 64bit. I know that most companies don't support 64 bit yet.

Any ideas??

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted
I need one that can handle ActiveSky, VATSIM, and internet browsing.

Network traffic is network traffic. If it handles one, it'll handle them all.

My dad gave me one that works until I get connected to a voice server for on VATSIM.

I suspect your router/bridge isn't forwarding the ports. The problem isn't with your card.

Cheers!

Luke

... I spawn hundreds of children a day. They are daemons because they are easier to kill. The first four remain stubbornly alive despite my (and their) best efforts.

... Normal in my household makes you a member of a visible minority.

Orville Lewis 1017312
Posted
Posted

the voice works fine with the ethernet connected, and with my old PC, I had a wireless card that worked perfectly fine with the voice, but that card isn't compatible with vista.

Garry Morris 920567
Posted
Posted

As stated, network traffic is network traffic. It's not the card.

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted
the voice works fine with the ethernet connected, and with my old PC, I had a wireless card that worked perfectly fine with the voice, but that card isn't compatible with vista.

Hi, Orville. If you’re having problems with VATSIM, specify the pilot client and any other specifics and one of the support people will give you [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istance.

The manufacturer of the adapter card shouldn't matter as long as you have drivers that works OS. If you didn't have problems while connected to the router wired you shouldn't have any problems with the wireless adapter.

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

www.apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky:

• Not a regular post, but a special
thread/message stuck to the top with special meaning… containing important forum information.

For FSInn/VATSIM issues, please test the FSInn Installation sticky and linked FAQ. It really works!