You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Blurry Texture Blues

Mahmoud Fadli 819693

Mahmoud Fadli 819693
Posted
Posted

I've tried to read up on this but I'm not exactly sure what causes it; Not sure if it's an FS2004 issue or a Graphics card issue.

It doesn't happen all the time; but most of the time and only at this particular airport (it's OJAM with a scenery enhancement that I made and am currently working on).

I've edited the FS9.cfg file and changed the TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT from 40 to 400. What else can I do?

Graphics Card Info: GeForce 8800 GTS 328MB

BB-BLUES-1.jpg

BB-BLUES-2.jpg

MFSIGVATAME.png

Mahmoud A. Fadli - 819693

Deputy Region Director

VATSIM Africa & Middle East Region

http://www.vatame.org

"Strength in Diversity"

Garry Morris 920567
Posted
Posted

Google flight simulator blurries

There is a small phone book's worth of info about this.

Mahmoud Fadli 819693
Posted
Posted
Google flight simulator blurries

There is a small phone book's worth of info about this.

Thanks for the tip. I actually did research it and pretty much did everything that was suggested. Sadly, the blurries still haunt my simming time.

I haven't read this anywhere but does the computer's power supply have anything to do with how things operate? The reason I ask is that my Viao's (desktop) original graphics card was swapped out for the more powerful one that I currently have on there. The computer itself is about two years old, so I'm suspecting the maybe the graphics card isn't getting the amount of power it needs to do things effectively.

Is that something that's possibly a problem? Or am I just thinking way too technically for such a simple problem?

Any advice would be awesome!

MFSIGVATAME.png

Deputy Region Director

"Strength in Diversity"

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted
I haven't read this anywhere but does the computer's power supply have anything to do with how things operate?

You say it's only happening at an airport where you are making custom scenery?

Cheers!

Luke

... I spawn hundreds of children a day. They are daemons because they are easier to kill. The first four remain stubbornly alive despite my (and their) best efforts.

... Normal in my household makes you a member of a visible minority.

Mahmoud Fadli 819693
Posted
Posted
I haven't read this anywhere but does the computer's power supply have anything to do with how things operate?

You say it's only happening at an airport where you are making custom scenery?

Cheers!

Luke

Yessir, that's correct.

MFSIGVATAME.png

Deputy Region Director

"Strength in Diversity"

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted
Yessir, that's correct.

It would stand to reason, therefore, that the problem is somehow related to that.

Cheers!

Luke

... I spawn hundreds of children a day. They are daemons because they are easier to kill. The first four remain stubbornly alive despite my (and their) best efforts.

... Normal in my household makes you a member of a visible minority.

Garry Morris 920567
Posted
Posted

Luke's on it there. It stands to reason that maybe your poly count is too high with your new scenery, reducing the amount of time FS has for clarifying textures.

Mahmoud Fadli 819693
Posted
Posted
Luke's on it there. It stands to reason that maybe your poly count is too high with your new scenery, reducing the amount of time FS has for clarifying textures.

I did consider that possibility; however, I sent the scenery to quite a few people and none of them have reported any "blurries" as a result of the scenery's use. I'm suspecting it's a more "local" problem as both computers that I use have Nvidia cards, though I'm not going to conclude that it's the cause. Probably just a factor.

If anyone is willing to test the scenery out for me and give me some feedback, that'd be awesome!

MFSIGVATAME.png

Deputy Region Director

"Strength in Diversity"

Garry Morris 920567
Posted
Posted

There are a half billion things that affect blurries in FS. I don't think it's that your card is NVidia, but I rather suspect your computer configuration and fs.cfg settings are different than those folks.