You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Request - Multiple View points

Phillip Speer

Phillip Speer
Posted
Posted

In a future version is it possible to save different views on 1 screen so can be selected using a key combination eg: if covering an area or approach position with a number of underlying airfields can easily be switched to the airport ground view and quickly switched back.

Thanks

Phillip

ps sorry aout the second topic though would be easier for you to track seperate requests in seperate topics.

pps I know has been requested earlier if your considering rings on tracked aircraft then I would be keen on them.

VATSIM UK Divisional Instructor

Matthew Gunn 964355
Posted
Posted

Hi Philip

Not sure if I understand you right but you can already do this. Load up your main sector file as your overview then load up any other asr files you want open e.g. underlying fields but make sure you select no when it asks if you want to make them the active sector file. Then just switch between them using F7.

It's really quick to do - I use it all the time on TT_S when doing top-down (not that I will need to soon of course )

Wycliffe Barrett
Posted
Posted

matthew

You cant resist the occasional dig, (tee hee)

get me spade I'll have one too.

wycliffe

Wycliffe Barrett: C3 Controller

atc5o.png

"if god meant for us to fly, he would have given us tickets" Mel Brooks

David Saunders 818672
Posted
Posted

rather than the F7 mode, which means you have to cycle through the views, something like vrc with the numpad, but my personal favorite would be 10 quick buttons which can be named as you want to reflect saved sector or layouts,

ie

Button 1 - EGLL Twr

Button 2 - EGLL App

and so on, a quick press rather than F7 and F7 and so on

non-discript self importance signature

Phillip Speer
Posted
Posted

Thanks Dave that was what I was thinking off. I was thinking along the lines the the ALT-Fkeys could effectively give you 12 views unless they are already used for something. Hadn't realised about the F7 keys Matthew will use that for now.

Phillip

VATSIM UK Divisional Instructor

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Well at the moment I do not number the views, so it is not straightforward which one could be 1, 2 ... But it really could speed up the change I agree.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer