You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Too light at night

marcus holmes

marcus holmes
Posted
Posted

As you can tell from the subject, i am having problem with my night flights in FS9, i have had this since day1, The problem i have is that the outside world at night is too light and just not realistic, it just not right being able to see clouds when flying at night.

I have try to change setting on my monitor and i did manage to get it darker,but then the problem was at day it was also pretty dark.

I have a Geforce 7600GT graphics card.

Does anyone know of a good setting for colour and brightness to make my FS world more relistic at night.

Would be greatful for any help

Wycliffe Barrett
Posted
Posted

Marcus

I think you will just have to deal with it as it is. To be frank you are the first person I have ever heard of bringing this up as a problem.

There is no way that I know of to make the nights darker. That said they do say it's always darkest just before dawn, could be an option.

Wycliffe

Wycliffe Barrett: C3 Controller

atc5o.png

"if god meant for us to fly, he would have given us tickets" Mel Brooks

Garry Morris 920567
Posted
Posted

I wonder if your monitor just has a really bad contrast ratio.

Carlos Palo 969743
Posted
Posted

Are you using Flight environment? or any other add-on that replaces the default cloud/skytextures?? This could be why you still see (clouds) at night

Carlos Palo

FSX on C2D E8400 [email protected], Asus P5Q Pro, OCZ 2*2048MB (1066Mhz), XFX HD4870 1GB, Antec 300, Scythe Mugen 2, Samsung 24" 1920*1200

my FSX Videos

Oliver Smith
Posted
Posted

I use Flight Ehancer by Cielosim. It allows you define the Night Sky "darkness".

siggy.png

marcus holmes
Posted
Posted

I know my TFT monitor does not really help that much, but i had this problem with my old monitor too, Also i do have Ground Enviroment Pro, but again i know its not that, becouse i had the problem before installing that program.

I mean its not a huge deal apart from the fact that anytime i fly in real life at night you never can see the clouds unless you are over a large city.

But i will look at that program Flight Enhancer from Cielosim, looks good,may download it and see what that does.

Cheers

Rene Allkivi 959751
Posted
Posted

At some times, I have the same problem.

But mainly, I have the problem of Flight Simulator's time simulator sucking absolutely. E.g, it's dusk outside, but light out for you to read a book outside, but it is 99% night already in FS. Very annoying.

Wycliffe Barrett
Posted
Posted

Reen

make sure you have FS setto the correct time and also that your PC is set to the correct time zone.

Wycliffe

Wycliffe Barrett: C3 Controller

atc5o.png

"if god meant for us to fly, he would have given us tickets" Mel Brooks