You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Opinions Please!

Jorge Maldonado 974449

Jorge Maldonado 974449
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi!... Im in the process of building a new computer with my own hands... opinions are welcomed...

what I have...

-ram: crucial ballistic PC8500 1066 Mhz

-video: EN9800GTX 512mb

-PSU: Coller master 650 Watts

what i don't have yet...but considering

-CPU: E8500 or E8400 not sure yet

-Mobo: Gigabyte EP45-DS3R

-Hard drive: Segabyte 250gb 7200rpm, 3gb/s 16 mb sata

-Any 20x dvd burner sata

-case: one that will fit the 9800gtx

I'm tired of poor performance with my old systems so I want to be this to be the 'one'. but within a budget....

Do you thing this will give me a good performance with fs9 and online flying, considering ill be flying heavy payware planes with all the scenery needed to make it realistic...(don't want to upgrade to fsx yet..i think is not worth)

thanks!

Jorge

[email protected]

Edited by Guest

Garry Morris 920567
Posted
Posted

errrr, how much RAM?

Jorge Maldonado 974449
Posted
Posted

I have 2gb of Ram..also I'm planning to use Windows XP...

Garry Morris 920567
Posted
Posted

Steven Perry
Posted
Posted

Opinion: The system described should blow FS9 out of the water.

Perhaps I'm not the most discerning user, but my E6300 CPU and 7900GS graphics card run FS9 as well as I would ever need.

If you're on a budget and are not considering FSX until your next build, you could save some money on this go around. I'd put the extra $$$ in the stock market... you'll get more excitement out of watching your portfolio oscillate wildly than you will from the extra frames above 50fps.

Steven Perry

VATSIM Supervisor

Jorge Maldonado 974449
Posted
Posted

Thanks for your answers!...well the basic issue here is that I always fly connected to VATSIM using Active Sky and FS P[Mod - Happy Thoughts]enger, including the software report program for the virtual airline where I fly...also using heavy sceneries...

Which undoubtedly give FS9 an extra charge (not to mention in fsx, thats why I dont use it).... specially when there are some really crowded fly-inn's where your computer can freeze!

I also have heard about WIDEfs..do you think it will be a good tool to use for increasing performance by running these other programs in another computer?