You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

No final altitude display for certain flights

Norbert Vorstaedt 810315

Norbert Vorstaedt 810315
Posted
Posted

Hi all,

being one of the latest Euroscope adicts, I ran into a problem today which I need some help with. I was working on EDFF center and a flight crossed my sector. The flight was still in the climb when it entered and it left my sector in the descent (for all who know EDDF, the flight was from EDDL to LSZH). The problem: I couldn't see the requested final altitude in the tag, not in tagged mode, nor in detailed mode. I had to bring up the flight strip to see his requested final.

I was using Matias style tags, and the two altitudes they show in tagged mode are:

- temporary if different from sec. exit

- not cleared or not reached temporary altitude

What I saw was 100 100, which was in both cases the sector exit altitude. That's exactly what the description of those items says in the docomeentation. In detailed mode I saw

- temporary altitude

- sector exit altitude

again I saw 100 100, which is correct according to the docomeentation.

So everything works correct - except the display is not very helpful in this case. Has anybody run into this? Should I define my tag differently?

Thanks and Cheers

Norbert

P.S.: A big compliment to the author of Euroscope. I earn my living writing C++ code and I can say that this is a fine piece of software. Very well done, Gergely!

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

I don't know the Matias tag very well, as I used my own tag from the beginning, but if everything was correctly displayed, then that would be just the way it is. Personally I would suggest to build an own tag based on your needs.

One thing that happens sometimes is, that you get an aircraft in climb with an temp alt set. That would be displayed instead of the final altitude, too. I use a combination of "Not reached temporary altitude" and "Not cleared sector entry/exit altitude".

Stephan Boerner

VATEUD - ATC Training Director

EuroScope Board of Designers | GVCCS Beta Tester

edff,euroscope,ger1oic,lhaoic.jpg

EuroScope Quick Start Guide

Norbert Vorstaedt 810315
Posted
Posted

Thanks Stephan,

that combination seems to work better. By the way, I find the definitions of the tag altitude items somewhat clumsy and hard to understand. In this part the manual could use a little more refinement. Just for my own understanding I have tried to rephrase the definition of

Not cleared or not reached temporary altitude

Shows either the temporary, sector exit, or final altitude, whichever is defined and comes first in this sequence. If the sector exit altitude or final altitude is displayed (i.e. no temporary set), then the display is preceded by a space. When the aircraft has reached the level that is displayed the item is hidden.

I don't know if this definition is entirely correct, but it might help as a start.

Norbert