You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

HCMM charts

Yvan Ung 987353

Yvan Ung 987353
Posted
Posted

For the next VATEG fly-in, I wish I could pilot either from Egypt to HCMM or from HCMM to Egypt. But as HCMM (Mogadishu) just had its first night with ATC tonight (and I expect HCSM airspace, of which HCMM is its primary airport, to staff more in the weeks to follow) so I expect to have charts in handy for that airport. Are they drawn yet?

Regards,

Yvan Ung

Come pilot the longest and sharpest flying pencils of the online world!

China Eastern Virtual

Aggrey Ellis 964561
Posted
Posted
For the next VATEG fly-in, I wish I could pilot either from Egypt to HCMM or from HCMM to Egypt. But as HCMM (Mogadishu) just had its first night with ATC tonight (and I expect HCSM airspace, of which HCMM is its primary airport, to staff more in the weeks to follow) so I expect to have charts in handy for that airport. Are they drawn yet?

It's kinda hard to get information for a country like Somalia. I dont think HCMM is even in use right now. You'd probably need Jeppesen. Navigraph doesnt cover it, but who knows someone at VATCAF might manage to pull the rabbit out of the hat somehow.

ZLA I11

VATCAF S1

et_1.png

Tony Kovacs 958372
Posted
Posted (edited)

We were staffing and flying at HCMM today in preparation for an event we will be doing there soon. This entire country has only one NDB. There are no other navigation aids or ILS anywhere in the entire country. We use military style Precision Radar Approach procecures for IFR aircraft in IFR conditions and have proven today that we can handle landings in the required 1 mile visibility conditions safely. The details of the event will be made available to the public shortly.

Tony Kovacs

VATCAF Movement Control

Edited by Guest

Tony Kovacs

MOVCON - Movement Control Instructor

http://www.vatcaf.org

"Who Cares Who's the Best!"

Until heaven is open 24/7 just waiting for you to screw up this is all just a game.

Thomas Mathieu 998318
Posted
Posted

Movement control testing is underway and very sucessful at Mogadishu. Expect more news soon

Best Regards,

Thomas Mathieu

VATAME1 Region Director

VATSIM Africa Middle East

http://www.vatame.net

[email protected]

TMSIGVATAME.png

Aggrey Ellis 964561
Posted
Posted

I thought the ATC IRL was provided from Kenya and flights below a certain level and into Mogadishu were at your own risk.

ZLA I11

VATCAF S1

et_1.png

Thomas Mathieu 998318
Posted
Posted

If you "expect" to fly into or depart from HCMM Mogadishu, be sure to download the scenery http://www.vatcaf.org/sceneries.php as FS9 default scenery does not have the aprons and taxiway.

Best Regards,

Thomas Mathieu

VATAME1 Region Director

[email protected]

TMSIGVATAME.png

Thomas Mathieu 998318
Posted
Posted
I thought the ATC IRL was provided from Kenya and flights below a certain level and into Mogadishu were at your own risk.

In IRL, special missions are set up for movements in an airspace such as Somalia. Although there is no fixed government ATC, the UN regularly sets up radar service for it's missions within Central Africa.

Best Regards,

Thomas Mathieu

VATAME1 Region Director

[email protected]

TMSIGVATAME.png

Ahmed Hasan 958620
Posted
Posted

I am shocked to say that even Jeppesen Don't have this

Ahmed H[Mod - Happy Thoughts]an

vpa240.png

Tony Kovacs 958372
Posted
Posted

We weren't kidding

Tony Kovacs

MOVCON - Movement Control Instructor

http://www.vatcaf.org

"Who Cares Who's the Best!"

Until heaven is open 24/7 just waiting for you to screw up this is all just a game.

Jason Baxter 920557
Posted
Posted

When the DAFIF was up they had old USAF charts for the area. DAFIF is gone, but maybe someone saved them?

CS13_Sig_D.jpg

Thomas Mathieu 998318
Posted
Posted

You are correct, Mogadishu is a place you do not want to fly your Air France 747 into. Missions here are reserved for the local airline and special UN or military Missions. Cars use the runway to avoid the perils of driving thriough the city.

If there is a VATCAF Movement Control position open online at the airport, landing there will be at your own risk. The runway is about 10,000 feet in length, about 40 feet in elevation. and has 2 aprons (you must use the scenery add-on in above post to see the aprons). The runway is oriented on a heading of about 050/230, FS 2004 lists the rwy's as 05/23 and AIRAC 0810 FMC data lists the rwys as 04/22. VATCAF Movement control has [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned the rwy numbers 05/23.

There is only 1 NDB docomeented in the entire country of Somalia so RNAV is you best bet finding your way around here.

More info will be posted as the VATCAF specialized team digs it up.

Best Regards,

Thomas Mathieu

VATAME1 Region Director

[email protected]

TMSIGVATAME.png

Aggrey Ellis 964561
Posted
Posted

You are correct, Mogadishu is a place you do not want to fly your Air France 747 into. Missions here are reserved for the local airline and special UN or military Missions. Cars use the runway to avoid the perils of driving thriough the city.

If there is a VATCAF Movement Control position open online at the airport, landing there will be at your own risk. The runway is about 10,000 feet in length, about 40 feet in elevation. and has 2 aprons (you must use the scenery add-on in above post to see the aprons). The runway is oriented on a heading of about 050/230, FS 2004 lists the rwy's as 05/23 and AIRAC 0810 FMC data lists the rwys as 04/22. VATCAF Movement control has [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned the rwy numbers 05/23.

There is only 1 NDB docomeented in the entire country of Somalia so RNAV is you best bet finding your way around here.

More info will be posted as the VATCAF specialized team digs it up.

Do they even have a few AM radio stations?

ZLA I11

VATCAF S1

et_1.png

Yvan Ung 987353
Posted
Posted

I have the HCMM add-on. But more adventurous pilots can try and pilot HCMM, cars or no cars. Taking off here is no big deal, but one has to be patient when landing.

Regards,

Yvan Ung

China Eastern Virtual

Marco Balzarotti 1004607
Posted
Posted

The Mogadishu Aden Adde International Airport is today almost in disuse due to the war in Somalia, only military and UN flights are still using HCMM for their movements. The few commercial/civil flights made by several minor african airlines to and from Mogadishu are located at the "K50 Airport". The K50 name is derived from its location 50 kilometres south of Mogadishu, no IATA and no ICAO codes available for this airport. The K50 Airport is not available in the FS2004 default scenery.

K50 Airport specs:

Runway is 04/22

Runway Surface is made of sand

Runway lenght is 5,698Ft

There is something similar in the default FS2004 scenery and it is the Uadan Highway Strip, ID code is Z27P. The Uadan Highway Strip is basically made of a paved 3.600Ft runway with Rwy markings 25/7 and the runway it is exactly built over an highway. The "airport" is on the top of a 1.000ft hill south of HCMM.

I think that flying an event at HCMM with PRA only would be simply amazing.

Thomas Mathieu 998318
Posted
Posted
I think that flying an event at HCMM with PRA only would be simply amazing.

Stay tuned...VATCAF is planning an event at HCMM this month.

Best Regards,

Thomas Mathieu

VATAME1 Region Director

[email protected]

TMSIGVATAME.png

Yvan Ung 987353
Posted
Posted

Just hope the whole event is not just about PRAs!

Regards,

Yvan Ung

China Eastern Virtual