You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

How to create a flight plan for VFR aircraft

Norbert Vorstaedt 810315

Norbert Vorstaedt 810315
Posted
Posted

Is there a way in Euroscope to create a flight plan for a VFR aircraft that just pops up and asks for an IFR pickup or VFR flight following? Say, you receive a call "DEABR, 10 south of Hahn, 2500 request IFR pick to Stuttgart". There appear to be 5 radar targets in that area close together, so you don't know which one to tag-up. How would I go about that situation?

And, perhaps the same question, is there a way to open the flight plan dialog just from the keyboard and by typing the callsign. The only way to open the flight plan dialog that I found so far is by right-clicking the callsign in the SIL or the aircraft list or departure list.

Thanks

Norbert

Norbert Vorstaedt 810315
Posted
Posted

Thanks Stephan,

that is exactly what I was looking for.

Norbert

• 10 months later...
David Walsh 811659
Posted
Posted

I tried this tonight and after Radio Selecting the Aircraft and hitting F1+a key, having the .am appear and then hitting Aircraft Select again, all I got was the message "No flight plan received for the aircraft so far".

Any ideas how to bring up the FPL dialog for an aircraft that does not have a filed FPL?

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

David, ATCO can amend FP, not file a FP. So if the pilot hasn't filed a FP you can't open the dialog.

Martin Loxbo
Posted
Posted

I've been wondering about this myself, trying to create a flight plan for a VFR flight for example.

If it is like Todor says, that it's not possible in ES to create a flight plan, this needs to be fixed!

Martin Loxbo

Director Sweden FIR

VATSIM Scandinavia

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Hm I just one quick test with Acft with no FP and the dialog opened So everything is ok

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Todor,

You are using the new beta. This issue has alredy been resolved. In the next release you will be able to create FPs from scratch.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

• 4 years later...
Sebastien Bartosz
Posted
Posted

Sorry to bring up an old subject, but the F1+a command does not work. If an aircraft has not filed a flight plan, and I use that command, then I click on the aircraft, absolutely nothing happens.

New York ARTCC

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Yes, you are right. The fix will be in the next release quite soon.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Sebastien Bartosz
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the info, Gergely !

What I've managed to do is when the a/c without a flightplan calls me up with his position, I would correlate the tag with his callsign (in the voice list) then I could do F1+a, but that is the only way.

Thanks,

New York ARTCC