You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VRC Problem

Rodger Johnson 1052770

Rodger Johnson 1052770
Posted
Posted

Ok im having probelms now. I reinstalled Windows again yesterday and my VRC is super slow. I open the exe and its slow and it slows down my computer. It cant find the servers. Its not my firewall Ive tried it with it off and still has the problem. ASRC works fine but im not using that. I didnt change anything. I dont know why its acting funny all of a sudden.

-Rodger

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted
I reinstalled Windows again yesterday

I didnt change anything.

Rodger,

Surely reinstalling Windows is a little more than not changing anything? I would hazard a guess as to your video driver being the issue here.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Rodger Johnson 1052770
Posted
Posted

Yeh well other than re installing windows everything is back to normal. let me check my driver

Rodger Johnson 1052770
Posted
Posted

yep that is the problem but havent found out the solution. What I did was disable my video adapter and used my default video thta my motherboard came with. That worked pefect. I downloaded the latest driver and used my video card again and the error says version check failed! HTTP Error. and it freezes up. I also get some fuzziness from my graphics card in the middle of my screen. how would I fix this. I need to use the video card because I flightsim to. And getting a new card isnt an option because it was working fine the other day with no fuzziness and no VRC problem.

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

The latest isnt always the best.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Rodger Johnson 1052770
Posted
Posted

How would I get the older driver. I cant rollback cause I didnt use the older driver.

-Rodger

Rodger Johnson 1052770
Posted
Posted

I tried getting an older driver and It didnt work.. Any ideas?

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

Which bit didn't work - obtaining, installing or using an older driver?

Given that you had things working before it would stand to reason one of the drivers previously worked to your satisfaction. If you get that driver then things should be the same once again.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Rodger Johnson 1052770
Posted
Posted

Yeh that was what I was thinking too. I installed it and did everything I had to do. I restarted my computer and it didnt recognize the video card like the driver wasnt even installed so i just reinstalled the one I have now.

Is there any setting I might be able to change that could fix it?

-Rodger

Rodger Johnson 1052770
Posted
Posted

can someone explain to me what

Version check failed! HTTP Error.

means?

I am confused on that

-Rodger

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

It means that VRC was not able to connect to the VRC web server to check and see if there is a newer version of VRC available. Something is blocking the connection ... usually the culprit is anti-virus or firewall software. This error will not affect VRC's operation.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Rodger Johnson 1052770
Posted
Posted

thanks for the reply ross. Ive tried it with my firewall off and still the same error, havent tried it with my antivirus off though but the issue has to be the graphics card. NO worries cause im going to at least reinstall windows soon. Most likely that wil fix the problem..

-Rodger

Rodger Johnson 1052770
Posted
Posted

Another question... Does anyone know the ports that VRC uses? Trying to fix all the simple stuff while I can.

Rodger Johnson 1052770
Posted
Posted

Wow that was super quick But then it doesnt seem thats the solution.. this is what I hate about computer lol One little setting can fix it all. But you have to go threw all of them..

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

Rodger,

Ports are not your issue - they will certainly help when it comes to voice comms but won't solve the display issues you initially brought up.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Rodger Johnson 1052770
Posted
Posted

well the problem is is the connection Im thinking. cause... the errors are all connection linked. Version checked failed! HTTP Erorr! means I cant connect to the website to see if there are any updates for the versions. And similar stuff like that. I also tried something to confirm it. I tried making it download NAT tracks..... and it couldnt something is wrong... But I found out if I wait couple of mins it stops freezing and I can control but I need to find the problem to this so I dont have to freeze up every time.

-Rodger

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

Version checks and NAT tracks are downloaded using port 80 - ie the same as your internet browser.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg