You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Contrail Problem FS9.

Matt Davies

Matt Davies
Posted
Posted

Ok, maybe this isn't the right section of the forum for this to go in - but i have a feeling it may be hardware related.

I have just bought a new PC, it ran great... for the first week!

I had FSX installed, then reverted back to FS9, after a couple of days using FS9, i notice that when im at a level where contrails occur... they are flat, 2D like and blocky... Also, when i pan my spot plane view to where the contrails start, if there is any bit of the aircraft behind the contrail... the aircraft becomes invisible!!!

This also happens with the smoke, when i start my engines...

I've tried new contrail ffx, but no joy - Anyone hazard a guess as what is wrong??? Im stuck!

Thanks.

Oliver Smith
Posted
Posted
Ok, maybe this isn't the right section of the forum for this to go in - but i have a feeling it may be hardware related.

I have just bought a new PC, it ran great... for the first week!

I had FSX installed, then reverted back to FS9, after a couple of days using FS9, i notice that when im at a level where contrails occur... they are flat, 2D like and blocky... Also, when i pan my spot plane view to where the contrails start, if there is any bit of the aircraft behind the contrail... the aircraft becomes invisible!!!

This also happens with the smoke, when i start my engines...

I've tried new contrail ffx, but no joy - Anyone hazard a guess as what is wrong??? Im stuck!

Thanks.

May seem like the obvious, but is your Special Effects slider to the right?

siggy.png

Matt Davies
Posted
Posted

Yeah, set to High....

Here, this is what i mean... My textures used to load instantly, real crisp looking aircraft, with AA turned up to 16X... its crazy!

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb16/daviesair/contraile1.png