You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Need Help I am new

Diego Martinez 917651

Diego Martinez 917651
Posted
Posted

HI,

I am brand new to Vatsim. Spend the hole day reading and testing the stuff. Fantastic.

Now I have a problem. I was trying to connect for the first time just to listen and get an idea of how this works as suggested on the readings and I cannot get the AVC to work.

I get first the following error message when connecting the squawbox on stand by WSAECONNREFUSED and then on the AVC I get THE VATSIM SERVER YOU ARE TRYING TO CONNECT AHS NOT RESPONDED.

Any ideas or more reading to check

Thks

Diego

Karsten Imme 916892
Posted
Posted

Have you got a router running ? UDP Port 3290 Just an idea....

Diego Martinez 917651
Posted
Posted

I think I am almost there. I am getting this message: UNABLE TO CONNECT TO REQUESTED SERVER ON THE AVC

However when I hit the conncect button on the SB I get a bip noise and a message from PRIVATE SERVER. Also de SB RELAY prompts the conversation between the machines.

Have updated the servers network IPs

Any ideas

thks

Diego

Luca Benelli
Posted
Posted

you are connected to vatsim. to connect with avc select use roger wilco in the squawkbox options on logon and after log on right click on the squawkbox interface, select ATC Directory and double click on a frequency.

Luca

Luca Benelli - C3 - P2

Karsten Imme 916892
Posted
Posted

on some frequenzies I can`t connect( not allowed) , ist there a link here where the explenations of the frequenzies are showed ?

thank you