You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Disconnections

Matt Marciala 1049230

Matt Marciala 1049230
Posted
Posted

Ever since I downloaded the program, at random intervals, i always get disconnected. It used to be okay when I was working minor airpots, but with LAX now it's very painful as you have to connect the ATIS back, and check the comms. Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

Matt.

• 7 months later...
Santiago Borja 1023775
Posted
Posted

I am having the same issue. !!!

At first it was only as pilot, it disconnected after some 3 to 4 minutes but now it disconnects from either VRC or the simulator after 20 to 25 seconds !! I uninstalled everything and installed again following all the instructions from all the forums here, uninstalled completely my antivirus, firewall and everything but still the same problem. And my friends over the same network have no problem with their connection.

Please help.

Regards,

Paul Byrne
Posted
Posted

Hi,

There is a known problem, with certain network cards that when they encounter the large amounts of data during a large event/busy traffic, they can overflow and timeout your network connection, especially on CTR and FSS positions.

The solutions are either to test this out by reducing your visibility range in VRC until it stops doing it or worst case, you may need to buy a better network card.

Cheers!