You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Logitech premium 350 headset

Phillip Powell 1062160

Phillip Powell 1062160
Posted
Posted

Hi, I've had a pair of these for a few months and they have been great.

This morning the seem to have got a mind of their own. I've removed and reiserted them but they consistently run the volume to max and the mike is always on.

Anybody seen this before or have any ideas.

I've emailled Logitech but not sure how long a reply will take.

Thanks

Phill

EGGP_TWR 126.350

generate.php?mid=1062160

Old PID 849479

Ivan Kovacevic 920456
Posted
Posted

Phillip, I consider those headsets as "expandable goods" - they start acting up, buy a new one.

Unfortunately, nowadays it's nearly impossible to find a real good quality headset without spending some 200EUR on a pair. Though, if you're a serious simmer and really need a headset, you may find it cheaper to buy an expensive one straight away. I've went through about 6-8 headsets in the past four years (ok, one or two were just too uncomfortable to wear, others I broke in one way or another ).

Phillip Powell 1062160
Posted
Posted

Thanks Ivan, I thought it might be a bit like that.

I've had a poke around inside the package and now the mike works ok!!! I didn't do anything honest! I've set the audio wav slider to 5% which, with the volume at 100% at least makes the headset serviceable until I can replace it.

Cheers

EGGP_TWR 126.350

generate.php?mid=1062160

Old PID 849479

Ivan Kovacevic 920456
Posted
Posted

Phillip, also a small note - it's most likely that the POT (variable resistor) used to turn the volume down (on the headset itself) has a short circuit or something. That would get the headset stuck at "maximum volume"