You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

First build computer case questions

Kenneth Twidwell 999198

Kenneth Twidwell 999198
Posted
Posted

My questions are rather general rather than asking for which namebrand to buy. I would like to know how you look at the purchase itself. Do you buy a case that will last for several or many builds? Just upgrading the various components while always keeping the same case? Or do you like to change the case to have a new look? And which ever way you go, where are the price points? If you keep the case for 10 years $200 plus dollars is reasonable. But is it if you change out every 2-3 years? At what price point does the quality start to come into question? I have read some buyers reviews about their cases are downright scary. I don't want to buy a case that has wiring problems or faceplates fall off, etc. But I don't want to overpay either. I am looking at buying a midtower, nothing fancy, but am looking for quality at a fair price. I just can't figure out what a fair price is.

Garry Morris 920567
Posted
Posted

I keep my case and upgrade in pieces.

I have two full-size Antec Soho Fileserver cases, one of which I first set up in 2001. Lots of metal, solid as a rock and haven't let me down yet, in any way.