You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Just a little update..

Bo Gercke 845743

Bo Gercke 845743
Posted
Posted

Just wanted to catch some of you folks up on the happenings. Sorry to all who have had IM's, and emails go unanswered, but it's been a crazy two months. Got out of the Navy Aug 15, took some time off, moved home to Phoenix, moved from a 1 bedroom condo, into a 3 bedroom house, (and everything that goes with that) and am now working at Chandler Municipal Airport in the tower. Great group of controllers, a bootload of traffic, and a brand new tower. What more could a controller ask for? I'm mostly through Ground, and have started on one of our two local positions. I'll be posting pics shortly....

That's it for now.

Garry Morris 920567
Posted
Posted

Glad to hear you're doing well.

Harold Rutila 974112
Posted
Posted

Nice! Can't wait for the pics.

Lakhbir Singh 936840
Posted
Posted

Bo im guessing you're a RL air traffic controller?

Lak

SWA1501

Lak Singh

Remember: When in doubt, ask!

Jason Baxter 920557
Posted
Posted

I hear the Chandler Tower is a hand-me-down from PHX.

Good to hear from you Bo.

CS13_Sig_D.jpg

Justin A. Martin
Posted
Posted
Bo im guessing you're a RL air traffic controller?

Lak

Lak,

Bo's one of the r/w veterans on VATSIM... He's been here forever

Wayne Conrad 989233
Posted
Posted

Welcome to Phoenix! You're here for the best time of year. You're going to love it.

Next summer, you'll be saying, "What have I done?" But don't worry. Winter comes again, and you'll say, "Ahhh. Yeah. This is why I came here. I remember."

ZLA Pilot Certs make your eyes bright, your teeth white, and childbirth a pleasure. Get yours today!

Bo Gercke 845743
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the nice replies, guys. I only pretend to be a RL controller. Compared to most of the guys, and girls in the tower, I'm as green as a CTI/Academy student. There are retired, or former FAA guys who have worked crazy busy airspace up here who are a wealth of knowledge.

Jason... There's a reason the tower is called "The Green Emerald". It's awesome.

Wayne... I'm from Phoenix, so I'm well aware of the summertime blues. Swore I'd never live here again. After seeing the world, I'm about to swear I'll never leave. Crazy, I know.

Alex Stjepanovic 963114
Posted
Posted

Glad to hear of your success Bo.

Controllers have feelings too...