You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ZSE Hosts FNO Friday Oct. 24

Richard Ruminski

Richard Ruminski
Posted
Posted

fno.jpg

Friday night, Oct 24 Featuring KSEA and KPDX from 0000Z-0400Z.

Ric Ruminski I1

VATUSA11

Communications Manager VATUSA

email: VATUSA11 (at) vatusa.net

Richard Ruminski
Posted
Posted

Bump....

Ric Ruminski I1

VATUSA11

Communications Manager VATUSA

email: VATUSA11 (at) vatusa.net

Owen Catherwood 903683
Posted
Posted

Reminder to pilots: The FSX/FS9/X-plane default 16R/34L has been renamed 16C/34C. Seattle controllers will be using 16C/34C in all radio communications.

KZSE C3/Facilities Administrator

1798.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
Reminder to pilots: The FSX/FS9/X-plane default 16R/34L has been renamed 16C/34C. Seattle controllers will be using 16C/34C in all radio communications.

Owen, can you recommend a good FS9 scenery package for Seattle that has the new runway config?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Dan Everette
Posted
Posted

Owen, can you recommend a good FS9 scenery package for Seattle that has the new runway config?

Ross, FlyTampa has a fix out which renames 34L/16R to 34C/16C. It's a sticky in the FlyTampa - Seattle forum.

-Dan Everette

CFI, CFII, MEI

Having the runway in sight just at TDZE + 100 is like Mom, Warm cookies and milk, and Christmas morning, all wrapped into one.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Ross, FlyTampa has a fix out which renames 34L/16R to 34C/16C. It's a sticky in the FlyTampa - Seattle forum.

Thanks ... but I was looking more for something that adds the new runway in addition to renaming the center runway.

Will the vZSE controllers be using the new runway for pilots that have it? Or are they sticking to the original two, but with the left one renamed?

Paul Heaney 879309
Posted
Posted

The new runway isn't open yet.

Owen Catherwood 903683
Posted
Posted (edited)

As per the real world, we will not be using the new runway until the November 28 TPP cycle outside of certain tests. I am working on scenery for FSX, but someone with FS9 will need to do a back-port of the FSX scenery or generate their own, using my approach code (which works in both versions of the sim)

Edited by Guest

1798.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted (edited)

Okay, cool ... so they won't be using it. It's strange that the FAA airport diagram doesn't show it as closed.

Edited by Guest

Owen Catherwood 903683
Posted
Posted

Okay, cool ... so they won't be using it. It's strange that the FAA airport diagram doesn't show it as closed.

The runway is NOTAM'd closed excluding flight check aircraft.

1798.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
The runway is NOTAM'd closed excluding flight check aircraft.

Yeah, I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]umed it would be in the NOTAMs and probably the ATIS ... I just figured they'd show it on the APD as well. Guess not.

By the way ... I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume the FlyTampa AFCAD update only works with their payware scenery product ... is that true, or can it be installed over the default FS9 scenery?

Anthony Atkielski 985811
Posted
Posted

Try

http://www.atkielski.com/AF2_KSEA.bgl

It's a quick and dirty AFCAD modification of the standard KSEA scenery that renames the runways (the unopened new runway is there as well but unpaved).

Put the file in the Addon Scenery/scenery directory of FS9 and restart the sim.

8564.png