You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

What does code mean?

Anthony Baker 1080999

Anthony Baker 1080999
Posted
Posted

I did a search at the vrc website no luck so what does CODE mean in the img below:

codeqs5.jpg

By eldog220 at 2008-10-27

ZAU S-2, Major Certified

ZAU S-1 Mentor

(Disclaimer: the post above does not necessarily express the opinion or stance of ZAU or ZAUs training program, this view is made by me and me alone)

7664.png

Anthony Baker 1080999
Posted
Posted

it means that the aircraft is not on the squawk as [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned in Flight Plan or other means

ZAU S-2, Major Certified

ZAU S-1 Mentor

(Disclaimer: the post above does not necessarily express the opinion or stance of ZAU or ZAUs training program, this view is made by me and me alone)

7664.png

Paul Byrne
Posted
Posted

Hi,

No. The "CODE" tag on an aircrafts data tag means that he is squawking a code that another aircraft in your visibility range is squawking. In other words, a duplicate code, in your visibility range.

The reason you are seeing so many with aircraft not [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned a squawk is that most of them will be squawking 2200 as it is forced by the system when you are on an IFR flightplan and you are squawking 1200.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Paul.

Paul Byrne
Posted
Posted

As an addition.

If an aircraft is not squawking their [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned code, this code will show up instead of the destination airport (on some tag modes) on their datatag.

Note. This is based on VRC. I don't use any of the other clients so I'm not sure if they use the same system.

Cheers!

Paul.

David Jedrejcic
Posted
Posted

Just go to the "Help" menu in VRC, and there's a ton of docomeentation for it right there.

David Jedrejcic

vZDC DATM

UVA DCAFO [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istant Manager