You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Pakistan

Lucas Pott 1056838

Lucas Pott 1056838
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I'm Pilot of Pakistan International Airlines Virtual.

I would like to know how is the staff of this region/division, and how is the work about instructions, site...

Tanks!

Lucas Pott - CTR

Brazilian Division

Alfred Tang
Posted
Posted

Hi Lucas,

Pakistan is not under any divisions of VATASIA and thus is not regularly staffed by ATC. Pilots and controllers are more than welcomed to starts developing groups to provide ATC service to undeveloped airspace. If you (or anyone) are interested, please let me know.

As for instructions and rules within Pakistan, I'm afraid I can't help you much with it. Navigation charts may offer you a hint though.

Regards,

Alfred Tang (934809)

Director | Hong Kong VACC

Lucas Pott 1056838
Posted
Posted

Yes, i really want begin to control there, first because i'm pilot of vPIA, and second because i know somethings about Pakistan airspace and i'm studing for more knowlegge about pakistan.

But i'm S3, and need to be C1 to begin into OPLR_CTR position, because if i connect into _APP will not call attention for pakistan.

Tanks, i'm into ETIHAD virtual too, want to know about Emirates division too.

Tanks again!

Lucas Pott - CTR

Brazilian Division

Lucas Pott 1056838
Posted
Posted

Sr, i have permission to position there ?

Tanks!

Lucas Pott - CTR

Brazilian Division

Alfred Tang
Posted
Posted
Sr, i have permission to position there ?

Tanks!

Lucas, would you please send me email with a brief description about yourself and relative experience? My address is vatasia2 (at) vatasia(dot)net We will work things out. Thanks.

Alfred Tang (934809)

Director | Hong Kong VACC

Aggrey Ellis 964561
Posted
Posted

I would have thought Pakistan would be part of VATAME, but if VATASIA is handling it it's probably better.

ZLA I11

VATCAF S1

et_1.png

Lucas Pott 1056838
Posted
Posted

Done

Lucas Pott - CTR

Brazilian Division

Lucas Pott 1056838
Posted
Posted

Well,

i begin to make the Sector file... is very easy....

Lucas Pott - CTR

Brazilian Division

Lucas Pott 1056838
Posted
Posted

Well...

The sector file to OPLR_CTR position is done....

But i need finish the POF

Lucas Pott - CTR

Brazilian Division

• 1 year later...
Ashfaq Ahmed 935253
Posted
Posted

Dear Friends,

Nice to see your comments about starting VATSIM Pakistan. I want to contribute my comments as well. It is fact that there is no ATC service available in the country yet, but there are many pilots who fly at vatsim. Now we are seriously thinking about starting VATSIM Pakistan. But we need someone who should help us out to provide some ATC training about OPKC(Karachi), OPLA(Lahore) and OPRN(Islamabad).

Mr. Lucos Pott has worked a lot, therefore, I want to request to him as well to do it so. I am much interested to be ATC in Karachi, as I have good knowledge about Karachi Airspace.

You can visit our web site www.vpia.org, where you will find out that we have launched compain for pakistani pilots to get ready for VATSIM Pakistan.

I request to Mr. William Woo to give us permission to do it so.

Waiting for your reply.

Ashfaq Ahmed

www.vpia.org

Vatsim id 935253

William Woo 810764
Posted
Posted

Can you email me ([email protected] or [email protected])? It is always a possibility to have VATSIM-Parkistan. The difficulties we have is how to get peoplet to gather and keep it running.

The are so many people asking for starting various divison here but most of it cannot substain for a few months.

William Woo

Dear Friends,

Nice to see your comments about starting VATSIM Pakistan. I want to contribute my comments as well. It is fact that there is no ATC service available in the country yet, but there are many pilots who fly at vatsim. Now we are seriously thinking about starting VATSIM Pakistan. But we need someone who should help us out to provide some ATC training about OPKC(Karachi), OPLA(Lahore) and OPRN(Islamabad).

Mr. Lucos Pott has worked a lot, therefore, I want to request to him as well to do it so. I am much interested to be ATC in Karachi, as I have good knowledge about Karachi Airspace.

You can visit our web site http://www.vpia.org, where you will find out that we have launched compain for pakistani pilots to get ready for VATSIM Pakistan.

I request to Mr. William Woo to give us permission to do it so.

Waiting for your reply.

Ashfaq Ahmed

http://www.vpia.org

Vatsim id 935253

William Woo

VATSIM - Asia Region Director

http://www.vatasia.net

• 3 months later...
Lucas Pott 1056838
Posted
Posted

Hi,

i`m back to a VATSIM, and helping Ashfaq Ahmed to make all ATC instruction docomeent, he is working on Site.

I would like to know for where to begin.

I mean, to creat a division, got a staff list and start with events and ATC lessons.

Lucas Pott - CTR

Brazilian Division

• 3 months later...
Zahid Rasheed 1163748
Posted
Posted

Hi

Im new to vatsim but could not find pakistan division in vatasia...

well i can see vpia members trying to establish vatsim pakistan. great..... until it started could anyone tell me what division i choose at the moment ????

i'm also member of VPIA.org

thanks

Zahid Rasheed

William Woo 810764
Posted
Posted

I think you should choose the neighbour VATIND - India.

Write to the group in vPIA who is now working on the division and see what they can offer.

William Woo

William Woo

VATSIM - Asia Region Director

http://www.vatasia.net

Zahid Rasheed 1163748
Posted
Posted

sadly i tried to install FSinn, it installed successfully. but when i open FSX and press VATSIM its connection time out very soon, worried thing is even after that my fsacart for vpia.org not work so i have to uninstall fsinn and reinstall fsacarts for vpia...

what to do? im using FSX on windows 7

thanks for help

Zahid

Ahmed Ahsen 1134637
Posted
Posted

Dear Zahid,

Well first of all, if you're flying on vatsim dont bother flying with fsacars on if it causes errors. We can add your flight time from your online log.

Second I, and several friends all use squawkbox, I'd suggest use that. Google it for the download. Other times there may be an error with the net connection, or with a server. Try reconnecting after some time.

Third, for FSACARS make sure you only have the original version on VPIA website, not the update to 4.0.15 - Im using FS2004 on win 7, running squawkbox and fsacars.

And last are you located in Pakistan? I can call you up and walk you thru the process

Good to see another vpia member interested in VATSIM, and I hope to see you flying in the friendly skies of Pakistan very soon!

Ahmed

• 1 month later...
Zahid Rasheed 1163748
Posted
Posted

Thanks Ahmed..

Well now i am flying without problem with squawkbox on VATSIM. Its great.

I am eagar to see Pakistan Division. Like to learn ATC, so that i can serve ATC on Pak airspace. I have studied some litrature for ATC. and wana Start as Student ATC....

What to do?

and it would be great if VPIA offer Ranks etc for VATSIM pia pilots. William help us so that VPIA.org could automatically log our VATSIM flights in our profiles..

hope positive move would be to establishing VATPAK

regards

Zahid Rasheed